Dealers/Garages Holdcroft Honda - Video Vehicle Health Reports

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Beefy, Tuesday 20th Jan, 2015.

?

Would you appreciate a video being sent to you showing the items that need attention?

1. Yes

95.8%
  2. No

4.2%
  1. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    At Holdcroft Honda we have adopted a new vehicle heath check system to further engage our customers. most people have an email address and smartphone. Holdcroft Honda are bucking the trend by sending a video run through made by the technition of any work needing attention on your car. Its always been the case that a receptionist phones you up and you have to take there word for it that your pads are low or a tyre is dangerous. Now you can see what the techniton see's for yourself and hear there recommendation.

would this give you a better experience? would it interest you and influence your decision to have the work carried out?

Uriel and RogerH69 like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't as I come round to speak to all of you, but perfect for others and its a good idea and will go a long way to build customer trust.

Beefy likes this.
  3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seems like a lot of effort from the technicians because they will have to actually take the video, organize it etc. That said its a brilliant idea to build trust between the garage and its customers because they can actually see that so and so needs to be replaced.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    If you can introduce it into your work flow without too much concern, I can only see massive benefits to the customer - it goes a long way to build credibility and also gives them a point of reference in the future if it's ever needed. Big thumbs up from me.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    We're sharing two new iPads at the moment but we're getting one each next month. The software is by edynamix and is really intuitive. It's taking some getting used to and takes more time to carry out than before. Just got to face up to the fact that it is the way things are going. It's great for the customer and that's all that matters is the customer.

Ichiban and Chunkylover53 like this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Newcastle Honda do the same thing as they mentioned it when my car was in just before Christmas. First service though so nothing to do so no video needed this time. Might get one next time as tyres probably getting shot by then as front brake pads may be as well.

A great idea though as builds trust and enhances the reputation of the garage concerned. Also good for covering the garage as well.

7. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    I think its a fantastic idea. I would suggest that the work done on @DeviateDefiant Type-R is a perfect example of first class customer service and it being carried out, in this case it's evident for all to see.

Main dealer or not there is always that doubt when you are informed as a customer that 'work needs doing'. For me, a vendor that goes that extra step as HH are suggesting and removes this doubt would get the business. On principle, why go elsewhere?

I think in most cases in business, all customers want to speak directly to the technician/engineer but unfortunately have to go through the multiple communication channels with relayed conversations leading to misunderstanding and if things go wrong, dissatisfaction. I think a video/photo log helps elevate this scenario and keeps the business process intact.

A digital log of the work carried out to compliment the service records could be helpful in the sale of such vehicles in future to fastidious private buyers.

Superman001 and AccordCU2 like this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Definetely an interesting idea and would help build up trust in the customers. I like the idea.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's an interesting idea but I'm wondering does it hinder the technician from concentrating on the job at had.
    I'd rather just know that the technician gave the job his full attention rather than having to worry about also making and then subsequently editting a video of it.

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I think it will be useful for some people, in terms of building trust. I'd suggest that you get feedback from customers to see whether they actually looked at the video sent, and whether they find it useful...maybe ask if they want it at the point of the booking?

Personally I'm not sure I'd know what I was looking at...:Grin:

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is interesting idea but I rather be there with technician and him showing me what needs to be done and what will be done.
    Steve was the only one who let me in to see it for myself.

12. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I did get a video via email from an Audi dealer when they came across a problem on a service.

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I assume it must have been at least an hour long...

14. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    :Rolf: A very long movie

FirstHonda likes this.
  15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A disaster movie...?!

John Dickson and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

An expensive movie...

17. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    A snuff movie

18. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Then of course there is the comedy sequel - the reliable, fault free Audi...... :Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

moob and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  19. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    well the idea is to make a video roughy 1 - 2 mins long. we don't expect customers to necessarily know what they are looking at but rather have the experience of a technician giving there opinion and connect to them in a way they normally wouldn't. A lot of customers would rather trust the opinion of the technician than a receptionist on the end of the phone. If the cost of the parts/repair is high it can be a difficult decision to make.

20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just seeing someone knowledgeable explain it on a video is probably enough to gain their trust.

SpeedyGee likes this.