Engine & Gearbox Honda Accord 2.0 i-VTEC Sport

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Matt_F, Thursday 4th Apr, 2013.

1. Matt_F Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I recently sold my 2002 Accord Exec and am on the look out for a newer Accord. I've just been to look at a 2004 Accord 2.0 i-VTEC Sport. It looks to be a really nice car, however I've no idea about the engine in it. Please can anyone offer an overview on the 2004 2.0 I-VTEC? Is it chain driven, which would presumably need little if no maintenance? Anything to look out for on the generation of Accord?

Have to say it does seem really nice. Lovely part leather interior and nice wheels.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The 7th Generation petrols are rock solid, not a great deal to look out for.

There a couple of sparse common fault threads in the 7th Generation section, have a look.

I've had two 7th Generation 2.4's covering the last 5 years, and touch wood never had to fix anything at all :Smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and yes they are chain driven.
  3. Matt_F Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's great, thanks for your reply.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have had two 7th Generation Petrol both 2.0 and 2.4 no engine problems. Just a failed water pump on the 2.0 which is very very rare.