Facelift Model Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC TYPE-S

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by like a boss, Sunday 12th Aug, 2012.

1. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all.

A newbie here! :Smile:

I'm in the market for a Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC and I've been looking in Ireland for the past week but the Hondas in England has better specs etc...

I've my eye on this Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC TYPE-S

Can people tell me about this model and what should I look out for?

Does anyone know the car and owner? Is it a good price?

Any help will be grateful. :Thumbup:

D.

2. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey there. Can be hard to find them in Ireland alright. Very hard to get a low mileage also and one with a full Honda service history in the money. One thing to watch out for is the VRT. It's quite large once you go to the 8th Generation.Also the euro is at a low against sterling so you want to factor that in also. The insurance company will give you 28 days to change the plates and you need to book the inspection within the first week from what remember.Lots of little cost involved. Buy the car at the beginning of the month as you pay it beginning with the month you bring it across.Some crowds in Ireland will locate and bring across the car for ya.you can calculate which works better for you in advance. Would not be gone on the maroon but like the car.

3. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It would be over 3 grand for VRT? I would probably have 14/15 grand to spend. It would work out cheaper to buy one over because they are expensive over here to high spec one.

4. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keep a eye on the the revenue.ie website . I've seen the open market selling value change from month to month .Type-S is about 3500 .Seems a pretty good price for the car your looking at. I payed around about that for a 2008 7th Generation ex . It had about 50k on the clock at the time.

like a boss likes this.
  5. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Test drove this Type-S 150bhp yesterday.

IMG-20120901-WA0000.

Lovely drive, 45,000km on it but don't have the money for it. Just wanted a test drive really.

Keeping my eye on this one.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Type-S diesel is 180 HP mate.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    that car is an ES model the basic accord that's just by looking at the alloy wheels.

8. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well this one is a 150bhp es model!!

9. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Might travel up the country this weekend and have a good at some Accords. Will defo look at this one. With 75,000 miles on the car what should I be looking for that should or will have to be replaced i.e. clutch, gearbox, etc.

Thanks lads.

10. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That place is in Galway. Maybe get them to have it checked by Bradleys Honda dealership.just up the road from it.
    Also that place sells all UK cars so get the Reg and Cartell check it.
    Full Honda service history was a must for me.

like a boss likes this.
  11. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think I'll skip the Honda Dealership and just take her for a burn!! I'm up in Galway a fair bit.

12. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good stuff . Good luck with it.

13. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Took it for a test drive yesterday, lovely car and drove smoothly.

View attachment 4629

I've just booked a holiday away in November so might hold off until after that.

Don't think the car will be in the yard long! I'll keep looking! :Smile:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They may drop in price by then even better for you.

like a boss likes this.
  15. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fingers crossed!

16. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    making the most of all the car out there eh :Thumbup:

18. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm loving the test drives but would like one now! :Smile:

The father would like me to buy in the UK so kinda looking on Autotrader again, spotted this Type-S. Not a huge fan of white cars but this looks very nice. Might ring the dealer for a quick chat! :Smile:

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    looks good that Type-S, a chap trades an Honda ATS for a Renault oh my bad Nissan :Whistle:

that's proper downgrade A Japanese car made by French accountants.

20. like a boss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not 100% sure was that means!