Introductions honda accord 2.4 Type-S tourer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dragonmuzz, Thursday 4th Dec, 2014.

1. dragonmuzz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete uk
    hi just bought a 2003 accord 2.4 Type-S tourer and I love it to bits
    im a ex Honda mechanic with over 15 years exp.i left Honda just before these 7th Generation accord came out.so was pleased to find out the quality is almost as good as the old ones lol
    anybody want any advise about Hondas in the 90s and early 2000s just ask
    cheers

20141129_151106. 20141129_150617. 20141129_150609.

MickyB likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Hi @dragonmuzz - welcome to Honda Karma :welcome:

We look forward to hearing some of your experiences and assistance. They really are fantastic cars.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Pete. :welcome:
    It's always great to have a member who was trained by Honda. Please feel free to dive in and help out with any of the queries posted by other members, especially from the era you know so well.
    I'd be very interested in reading more about the prototype engines you're currently involved in, but understand that some of that may be under wraps.

4. dragonmuzz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete uk
    yeah i started my 4 year apprenticeship in 1990.honda set up a brand new training scheme at stevensons college in Edinburgh with all brand new cars for us to work on.
    also went to honda uk in power road london many times on coures and even went to the honda factory in swindon which was at the height of the rover partnership at the time.honda had 3 levels of technicians basline,centreline and highline.i achieved highline status before i left,so technically im a master tech for 3 different marques lol
    can't say much about what im working on atm other then its a protoype jaguar engine that were testing for power/economy etc etc,but we test engines from a lot of major manufacturers too .
    not going to do much with this accord besides lowering it a bit and fitting 18"alloys and maybe a few small cosmetic mods

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

NP @dragonmuzz. We have some very knowledgeable and experienced folk on here. (I'm just an amateur though. :Grin: )

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club Pete.
    If you are considering 18" alloy replacement you will have flocks of folk here after those nice looking Pentas.They are very much sought after.

7. dragonmuzz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete uk
    hmm they will defo be up for sale thats for sure

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Alloys do tend to go for sale quickly on here - just need to be a member for 2 weeks and hit a minimum of 25 posts before you can sell in the marketplace.

Do you still work as a mechanic now?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome along matey, great to haver another insider on the club! :Hey:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Pete :Hey:

11. dragonmuzz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete uk
    thanks mate its good to be a honda owner once again.my last honda was a 4th Generation Prelude about 4 years ago