Introductions Honda Accord 7th Generation - Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tals, Wednesday 30th Sep, 2015.

1. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Miles Romsey
    Hi

Was hunting around for a place to talk about a mystery pipe on my accord, found this place and had the answer - looks a nice place to stay.

I have a Honda Accord 7th Generation (06) 2.2Ctdi tourer, had it since 2008 (I think!) when it was on around 25k - it's now on 160k and going strong ish :Smile:

Had an interesting time with the car, after around a year of owning it the alarm would go off randomly - though only the sound and no flashing lights AND it wasn't cancellable! So we would literally have to wait for up to half an hour for it to stop - even driven it would still sound. This would happen once every 3 or so months. Honda Dealership had it in, recommended changing the alarm unit (lots of money :Frown: ) so did that. Issue still there so honda then replaced the ECU, still did it. Blue tooth hadn't worked for a while so they disconnected that to be sure. This went on for something like 3 years! Escalated up the Honda Happiness route - still no avail with both the dealership and Honda having no solution. Then one evening collecting my daughter from a disco the car electrics failed - unbelievably outside the dealership. They recommended a battery - so replaced that and within a month that one had failed. AA had a look and recommended checking the alternator. Alternator was replaced and since then had no further alarm woes....

Since then it's been fairly plain sailing but last few months have been a tad expensive with a new headlight (water leak), various suspension items and just had a drive shaft done.....but I think I am now out of the woods.

Sturdy car, with incredible storage capacity, in the position where it's worth a lot more to me. Aiming for it to hit 200k and then change it

dbrooks65 and Zebster like this.
  2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Welcome Miles!

tals likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Miles.

You will find a wealth of information and helpful members on our site.
    Please add your Accord to the Club Garage, as this helps us help you.

tals likes this.
  4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Welcome along miles

tals likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @tals :Hey:

6. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

All done :Smile:

Nels likes this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club @tals, glad to hear she's treating you well - albeit a rocky climb getting there :Smile:

I wish you'd found us earlier bud :Laughing:

8. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

So true, you'd think Honda and the dealership would have seen the issue before but didn't appear to be the case. The bad and good thing about it was the alarm is impossible (so they said) to disable from the car without serious work.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

10. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

Yes that would have been useful - bear in mind that post was made 2 years after my issue started :Smile: It's useful to know that is genuinely was the problem though as it was never proven either way it just stopped occuring after the alternator was replaced. In this case i'm compfortable with the dealership as I know it was escalated to Honda - I know this because I called in to ensure they had it in hand and were also dealing with it. Cost them an ECU - not that it did me any good :Frown:

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Ah, yes I just read how long you've actually owned the car :Smile: Glad it's at least sorted for you now though.

12. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

Interesting rereading it I don't think that was my specific issue though (the one specified) in my case the alarm would do off randomly, usually when the car had been sat around for a few hours but in some cases it could have been at the end of a weekend nobody any where near it, only occasionally from unlocking with the fob. It was usually in winter months and only the alarm sounded, the lights or flashers didn't flash. The battery wasn't in a very discharged state ie you could start the car even drive it with the alarm sounding. It was also strange that it would go off for say 10 mins and then stop, if I then entered the car (car already unlocked the cycle would stop). Couple of times I had to rescue the wife from town due to it.

The actual not being able to cancel it was probably due to it and the voltage was definitely the issue.

I'd be interested if in the case of the bulletin, did the lights and four ways flash as mine didn't ever do that.

For a long time Honda claimed it was either water in the wiring or a faulty blue tooth unit.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Found this old video I created for Honda to highlight the engine on and lack of flashing lights.

They did get us to check the alarm arming was occurring, if you watch the inside light when it is armed it follows a sequence and for a few weeks we had to check that was occuring

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to :gohonda:Karma

tals likes this.