Tyres & Wheels Honda Accord 8th Generation Space Saver Part Numbers

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 27th Mar, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is a constantly asked question so this is to end the speculation that all space savers are alike.

8th Generation saloon 2.0 petrol & 2.2 diesel : 06421-TL0-305
    8th Generation saloon 2.4 petrol : 06421-TL3-305
    8th Generation Tourer 2.0 petrol & 2.2 diesel : 06421-TL4-305
    8th Generation Tourer 2.4 petrol : 06421-TL6-305

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump for 8th genners planning to get a spacesaver. Not all space savers are the same :Smile: They spec'd to the car make sure you get the right one.

3. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, just wondering do most people go for the spacesaver? I am considering it.. but i guess with roadside assist included in the motor policy its not such a huge issue?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought one just in case I ever need it, , Hopefully not.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Both my 7th Generation and 8th Generation have it and never had to use it touch wood.

One advise I can give you once in 6 months check the tyre pressure on the space saver. It is a whopping 60 PSI this is clearly marked on the tyre wall. So when you do plan to use it will have the correct tyre pressure.

6. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    I bought a Spacesaver earlier this year and am now very glad that I did.

Last Monday we were coming out of Scarborough on one of the country roads when I ran over something. My wife said that she could hear a clicking from her side of the car and I discovered a large metal bolt (about 4 inches long) had embedded itself into the side wall of my NSR tyre. As we were in the middle of nowhere on a narrow country road I decided to carry on to try and get to the nearest main road. Infact I did about 10 miles before the inevitable happened and the tyre went flat. Being a lazy type I rang Hondacare Assistance for advice and they agreed to send the AA out to check it just in case it could be repaired. No chance, so on went the Spacesaver. The AA technician told me that he had attended someone only the day before who had suffered similar tyre damage but who had only a tyre repair kit. In order to be able to recover him he had signed him up to a membership upgrade package costing more than £100.

The new tyre cost me £143 but it could have been a lot worse, although I wish it had been a front one that had been damaged as the tyre was just like new apart from the slit in the sidewall..

7. howard Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I notice you have listed part numbers for each model but do they hold good if you have a model that has had 18" sigma alloys fitted ? I have a 2.2 EX I-DTEC saloon ?

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes.:Smile:

9. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    I just got the space saver for my tourer. Interestingly I couldn't get it to fit till I realised I need to take the old tool storage area out and lining then can install. Still need to do this.!

Also wasnt impressed it came with a Continental tyre. Absolutely pants tyre make. Had bad experience with my sisters car - a fiesta where continental tyre starting cracking a lot.

Would be much happier if was a Japan brand or michelin...:money:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes you have to remove the lining toward the rear as there isn't sufficient clearance for all the gubibns to fit. Yeah like you I was swearing under my breath when saw that german crap, they are utter w~~k.

11. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Am thinking of replacing my space saver with a standard alloy when one comes up of flea bay at a sensible price, don't like the idea of space savers/tyre gung stuff. I know I can fit a standard size wheel in the space-I've tried. Car EX tourer.

Ichiban likes this.