Electrical & Lights honda accord cables hanging out below the steeering. PLIZ HELP!!!!!!1

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by simbac, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    my honda accord finally arrived today imported from the UK to Namibia. nice car , a 2.4 2004 executive. when i opened the door i found cables hanging under the steering potruding at the pedals . one of the cables had a sicker written GPS. i wanted to ask you guys what these cables are for and how i can connect them back. can someone tell me the functions of these cables that are under the steering if you look from the bottom just above the pedals because the other black and red are actually cut and the one indicated GPS is hanging down, disconnected. the other problem is that the right rear door doesnt open even with the door latch inside or outside but all the other doors open even with the key fob. is it the problem with the central locking or wat? pliz help

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Simbac, does the car have a Honda Sat Nav unit fitted and is it working ? It probably has the UK navigation dvd in it.

I'm not sure if the wires you are referring to are for the Honda Sat Nav or if they were some other unit the previous owner had installed. Can you post some pictures of these wires please.

3. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    Yes it has sat nav will post pictures tomorrow thanx. The sat nav is not working but its displaying everything including its last position in uk and a red arrow. I believe it won't work in namibia since there arent any map disc for africa. any HELP ON THE DOOR ISSUE???

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not that familiar with the door mechanism, so unsure why it's not opening from inside or outside.

That won't stop me from trying to help you diagnose the issue though :Smile:

When you press the alarm fob can you hear any movement in the lock mechanism on that door ?

BTW .. have a look at my android on Sat Nav screen thread http://hondakarma.com/threads/4571/

Just giving you some ideas :Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    AccordCU2 likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Was this car a insurance write off CAT C or D

6. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    thanx for your reply Ichiban , but you shocked me , how did you know it was a CAT car. yes when i did an hpi i found out that it was a CAT d car but when i bought it was repaired. i took the fotos of the wires ,the other one is indicated GPS whilst the other one with a blue sticker was labelled something to do with a phone i have forgotten exaclty the word . and the other connector is not labelled.

check images

13042013621. 13042013620. 13042013622. 13042013619.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its simple mate, if the car was repairable it would have stayed here, because it was uneconomical to repair it they get shipped out to countries where a fault such as ABS ,VSA faults and missing airbags means nothing nor there are stringent yearly checks to keep the car safe.

if there are they can be bought with a backhander .. no pun intended.

let me sort out your images.

8. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    mr Ichiban still waiting for my response MASTER... thanx

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Don't know buddy :Search:pass.