Engine & Gearbox honda accord i-DTEC egr flexible pipe fail.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by saulenas, Monday 23rd May, 2016.

1. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Saulenas London
    Hi team. I got problem with EGR flexible pipe(leaking) so cos more problems on system as well . I try call honda dealers and explain what problems on my 8th Generation 2009 I-DTEC. but they said I don't have any recall related to that. strange thing going on. How can I get that problem solved? I know for sure cu3 have recall on that pipe since 01/09/11 TSB# sl-02-008-00 approved by honda

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @saulenas and welcome to HondaKarma.
    Have a read through this thread ... EGR Pipe Crack. Accord i-DTEC 8th Generation Accord Warranty Extension | Page 4 (Engine & Gearbox - )

As you can see calling might not work in your favour. Show up to a dealer and politely discuss ... Oh and its customary for new members to atleast introduce themselves here: Introduce Yourself and their car rather than getting straight to the point :Smile: feels a bit impolite.. we are actually nice bunch of people and will give you a warm welcome :Smile:

Nels likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:whathesaid:

4. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey mate. Sorry for that. I called number of dealers. best pick up Enfield honda. 80£ for checking and hope so get changed part free of charge.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have a tuned N22 with bits which will put stress on your engine mate. The dealers are looking at cars for these mods so you may find you been given short shrift they will find the car not stock with EGR blocked off.

You can try your luck.

6. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

EGR is not blocked or any visually changes done. as you discussed about flexible pipe is faulty on these cu3. might you think they gona find out about mods? I spoke with guy who done these mods and said is secure for dealers check

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will pop up on the HDS diagnostics as Honda will want the engine data file from the dealer to look at the engine variables ..dude not being a pr1ck why should owners of tuned cars get extended warranty when their cars are not stock? you chose the extra power so open your wallet for reliability. You can't expect everything for nothing ..

don't take it the wrong way you would be the same if you ran a business.

8. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm agree with you mate. But this should be done long time ago. Or I'm wrong? Now cosing more issues this bloody pipe. I feeling turbo not working on full boost, some time given fault as boost control implausible. what do you think I shut do in this case. I'm happy to pay for pipe replacement but bit expensive job. Or might change by my self.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I will buy pipe imself and change at home. if they not agreed change free of charge.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Yes I agree mate it should have been done as long as the car had a full service history. The EGR pipe and replacement is approx 600 quid using new parts. So which dealer have you taken the car to have you shown then the TSB does your car fall within the warranty period of mileage and years?.. if so they should progress it but you may get a rejection its worth a try.
    If you get a knock back I am sure @tviracing in London will help you seal up the pipe and strengthen it , if you ask nicely, it all manners when it come to him :Smile:

10. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car was registered on Jan of 2009 but mileage still under 80k. start using on Jul 2009. I think now I will fail. if they agreed that pipe was cracked long time ago. This problem so far start last year on Aug.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So you been inhaling all those gases all that time ..:Fear: Speak to Slim @tviracing if he can get that pipe strengthened for you buddy. He is approachable the old dinosaur.

12. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm so bit stressed out. But need to be done this anyway. I love my honda. I want it always on spot on

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well don't be you are in the right place for help.. @tviracing when you get a mo can you send @saulenas a PM as he won't be able to PM as he is a new member.

I am sure Slim will be able to assist you buddy.

14. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate. I HP so. Now thinking is no worthy go for dealer check cos I will waist my time and money for nothing. I don't think so they will do free of charge in this case or might be I'm wrong. that you think?

15. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey bro. i find out price for part. is £204inc vat. now just thinking change by my self or our friend can do. please let me know.

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @saulenas did you get this sorted out in the end ?