General Honda Accord Recall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 2nd Dec, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Some of you must have heard or read online Honda have issued a recall in the US for airbags. Honda Adds 273,000 Vehicles to Long-Running Air Bag Recall - NYTimes.com

This safety recall was issued today on 2 December 2011 Honda announced a safety recall on in excess of 300,000 vehicles worldwide.In fact the announcement relates to an existing recall which related to to over-pressurising of the drivers airbag inflator. This recall does not affect any models sold in the UK.

So UK customers cans be rest assured our cars are safe, I wish the press would stop these type of widespread panic, this is a existing recall which Honda are already fixing.:Messed:

The timing of this must be called into question.

Last edited: Friday 2nd Dec, 2011
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Are the UK press highlighting Japanese car recalls in particular?

It seems that way to me.

Doc likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It would seem the American press is banging on the recall drum at the moment about this. Since it not UK relevant I assume doesn't make sense printing it.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tsx recall

Honda Motor Co will recall 76,000 Acura TSX saloons in the United States to install a water-resistant cover over the electronic control unit to prevent corrosion that could ultimately lead to stalling.

That is pretty much the 7th Generation prefacelift accord for the european market. No definitive response from Honda Europe if this affects the CL7 CL9 CM1 & the CM2 . Will keep you guys posted as soon as we have some info.

Honda recalls TSX sedans to reinforce electronic control unit | Reuters