Tools Honda Ball Joint tool

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by AndyB1976, Monday 22nd Jul, 2013.

1. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Does anyone know if its available maybe from Holdcroft or any decent alternative other than whacking with a hammer?

07MAC-SL00200

cheers :Thumbup:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looks good, no idea if HH have it or not, give them a ring see what they say.

I've always done it the painstaking way (with a hammer)

3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    It looks like a pretty standard tool, certainly not a special tool. You should be able to pick one up from most tool shops.

4. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers guys..:Thumbup:

I've put a price/availability request in via the HH form on their subforum yesterday. The jaw is 28mm which seems quite large compared to the generic scissor type pullers.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I'm not sure how well that form works, it has some "techinical issues" sometimes, if you don't get a reply soon give them a call.

6. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No probs Speedy, I put on the form its not urgent as I expect the guys at HH get inundated with quotes and orders so I don't mind waiting a bit on this.

I read on the US sites that its a bit expensive, albeit a solid tool but it obviously fits well and doesn't rip or catch the boots.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

If it's a specific Honda one then I maybe interested in it myself. Let us know what you find out.

8. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

9. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers..

I filled out the forum form but no joy, anyway I might be after some MTF and a few bits n bobs so I'll get a price for the lot. I saw KS Tools do a 28mm Ball Joint Removal Tool, not the scissor type but 28mm nonetheless.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ring em mate,they are insanely busy they are looking to recruit more staff in the parts department.

13. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Will do...

I suspected they might be run ragged with quotes and orders so as mine wasn't urgent I was/am happy to wait:Tea:

14. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy any joy with the ball joint tool? Im getting a squeeking/grinding noise when I move the wheel and was thinking it might be the top joints but was going to buy full top arms

15. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've never did get a reply from HH. That tool I was enquiring about was simply a tool to separate the joint not to press the ball joint out.

I think the simple way to separate it is just to whack where the stud goes through once you have removed the cotter pin and backed off the castle nut. If you are going to replace the arm anyway it saves buying a press or getting a shop to press it once its separated.

On the subject of presses, I was looking at these but its a bit costly for little likely use....

OTC 7249 Ball Joint, U-Joint and Brake Anchor Pin Service Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

OTC 6529-5 Car Ball Joint Adapter Set for Honda/Acura : Amazon.com : Automotive

avander.uk likes this.