1. s01656 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Simon Wooburn
    s01656 submitted a new guide:

Honda Bluetooth Phone Compatability 2016 - For Honda Connect 2 system

Check the full guide here.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    Yes it's a bit patchy and completely ignores the issue of a decent SMS or iMessage alert for iPhones. compared to other makes where the equivalent level system will read your messages out to you it's poor.

(I understand I should be able to access SIRI through talk button to have the phone check and read messages but it always seems to not hear me when I try)

3. s01656 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Simon Wooburn
    I have read in other forums that the Honda IT department leaves a little to be desired in terms of ability. However, the bluetooth in this vehcle,though it ignores my phonebook, speeedials, call history etc, it does alert me to and read out my sms messages as well as sending and receiving calls.

4. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    Out of curiosity which phone are you using ?

5. s01656 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Simon Wooburn
    Nokia Lumia 640 LTE running windows operating system.

6. johnp0954 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Croydon
    Just taken delivery of my new CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC EX Auto. My Samsung S5 seems to work ok on bluetooth but won't work on mirror link. Phone says it is connected via usb to car but car system says smartphone is not compatible.
    Anybody else had any problems with mirrorlink?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This what confused me is the mirror link also called the 'Gracenotes' music recognition ?

8. johnp0954 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Croydon
    Mirrorlink is where your mobile phone screen is displayed on the honda connect system screen and you can access apps etc.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So the next thing to figure out is your current phone is MirrorLink-enabled handset? check out MirrorLink

The S5 is MirrorLink

10. johnp0954 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Croydon
    It's supposed to be compatible. It has mirror link in settings and seems to connect. Its the honda connect system saying phone not compatible.
    Maybe Samsung will do an update to their software.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Or you need to take the car to the dealers for a latest update ?

12. johnp0954 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Croydon
    Apparently it is up to date according to them.This might be helpful.

Attached Files:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So that still does explain why you can't do it?

14. johnp0954 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Croydon
    Dealers have emailed Honda and awaiting reply. Will advise when they reply.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted buddy there will be a software fix for this by Samsung or Honda.

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Slightly off topic but I've now got a Samsung S6 as a work phone, and I can't get it to connect to the car HFT at all (pre-facelift CR-V so not using Connect).

My iPhone 5S connects without issue, as did two previous work Nokia phones, one of which was Windows based (and utterly useless, but that's another story!)

I thought it was just me, but a colleague with a new Mercedes can't connect the same type of Samsung to the HFT in her car either.

@Ichiban I think 'Gracenotes' is something yo do with the audio system on the pre-facelift Honda navigation. It's written on the front of the unit in my car, anyway!

17. johnp0954 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Croydon
    Update re mirrorlink.

Car was at dealership for three days, mirrorlink doesnt work. Honda say Galaxy S5 not compatible. S4 mini is about the only phone that will work.
    It seems Honda are using a 2011 version of android in their Honda connect system so the list of compatible phones could be written on the back of a postage stamp.
    Very disappointed with generation 4 CR-V. All I keep finding is what it doesnt do compared with my last one.
    Phone book doesn't download automatically until you select phonebook. No voice contorl for sat nav, air con etc. Only voice control is for speed dial.
    Also very disappointed at interest shown by dealership and Honda customer service.
    Honda make make reliable cars but their customer service is appalling.

18. Explorador Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Spain Javier Cádiz
    In Spain,most of the CR-V IV owners I know are extremely dissapointed with the (non) connectivity of their cars,some of them around 40.000 euros and supposed to be the high end of Honda..
    And even more disspointed with the answers of dealers and the spanish Honda offices...
    These owners are trying to make noise as they can..Facebook,Twitter,Consumers organizations.
    Honda did not satisfy the expectatives in this part of the car,we think they should have tested the "tablet" hardly before the incorporation in the car.
    As I say,owners are angry in this particular aspect.

johnp0954 likes this.
  19. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I'm always amazed at how far behind other manufacturers Honda are in things like infotainment, towbar programming, etc. This is especially the case given their reputation for engineering excellence. Mind you I bet it's not like that in the US where I'm sure they are up with the best in all areas. From what I can see they really are US centric.

Keith

johnp0954 likes this.
  20. Explorador Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Spain Javier Cádiz
    Well,if you sell 350.000 cars in the USA and 50.000 cars in Europe...you can understand how do they care for that market.
    And the 2017 will be built in Canada..so even more inclined to their "tastes".
    Economy rules,I'm afraid..so we (and our problems)are a drop in the Ocean to them.
    They fight for the crown (and Honda really wins it annually) of a megamarket like the U.S. is,and we are a small headache conpared to other challenges more profitable to them.