General Honda Breakdown Recovery

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Hatter, Thursday 25th Aug, 2016.

1. Hatter Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Hi there
    Just a question for the CR-V owners who tow.
    At present have the Caravan Club Mayday breakdown and recovery (which includes car and caravan) but with getting the new CR-V it comes with Honda Recovery etc. Have spoken with the dealer who contacted Honda Recovery to ask about if towing is the caravan included in the breakdown/recovery process. The answer was if attached but I couldn't get an answer to if the caravan was the cause of the breakdown needing recovery or even breakdown repair, was I still covered. They conveniently (?) didn't understand and kept saying it would be recovered if attached to the car.
    I don't want to have to pay for Mayday if obviously I'm covered through Honda.
    So, after the ramble, are you covered for the caravan breaking down whilst towing? Any caravaners who can help?
    Regards
    Peter

2. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    Hi, according to my paperwork, your caravan is cover for any eventuality as long as it;s hitched fully to your car.

Hatter likes this.
  3. Hatter Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Thanks for that.
    I've no paperwork yet for the Honda Assistance apart from the booklet in with the manuals.
    Peter

4. Hatter Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Just had a call from dealer.
    They have found out that, when towing, if the car breaks down and is unrepairable at the roadside then the car and caravan will be recovered. If the caravan has a problem that stops the journey, EG flat tyre, wheel comes off, caravan gets damaged by passing vehicle then you are not covered.
    Might be worth stopping with Green Flag as they cover the caravan being towed.
    Regards
    Peter

SpeedyGee likes this.