Brochures & Promo Honda Brio: Indonesia 2016 PDF

1st Generation (2011)

1. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Fantastic looking little cars @numpty67 .

Personally I just do not understand why this doesn't compete against the 108, Aygo and C1.

Honda are missing such a trick.

legend-ary likes this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Exactly my thoughts

4. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I agree it's a great looking small car. The car has been around now for 5 years though, the brochure here is showing the recently facelifted Brio with updated exterior and new interior. I think originally it was designed and developed at a lower cost for emerging markets. Don't think it would measure up to Honda UK's perceived idea of quality and dynamics.

It's only sold in a few markets worldwide, albeit some fairly large ones, India, South Africa, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia. It has also spawned some other models sold in the same markets. The Amaze is a saloon version, The Mobilio a 7 seat MPV and the BR-V a 5 or 7 seat SUV Crossover.

There are many Honda models made worldwide that we don't get here in the UK, who knows why not, such a shame.

Here is a link to my Flickr page where you can check out more about the Brio and also see what we are missing out on here in the UK!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/63416089@N06/collections

legend-ary likes this.
  5. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    @numpty67

I was aware of it not being a 'proper' car as such. Not properly crash tested and maybe not quite as refined as a UK car would be expected to be. That said, the 108 and C1 can hardly be Legends themselves? :Tongue:

My response to that problem is, re-engineer it. Make it Europe worthy. This car is exactly what would sell like hot-cakes around Europe.

Here's Honest John driving the even better looking earlier car around in my personal favourite colour although not everyones taste I understand:

6. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great review, however surely given the age of the design it wouldn't make financial sense to re-engineer it now, maybe when the 2nd generation is due it could be engineered for a wider market. Maybe something from Japan would make more sense for Europe as their cars are built and designed at a higher level, but then there is the cost issue again. I honestly think though that neither of these things are ever going to happen anytime soon.

7. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    @numpty67 sorry I meant they should have re-engineered it when it was just launching. Obviously now would be a big silly.

And of course, Honda UK making anything attractive looking or doing any sensible...nah. Maybe 15 years ago.

8. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ahh, okay, that makes more sense.:Smile:

It is very frustrating that the UK and most of Europe in fact have been left with so few models to choose from, especially when other markets seem to have them all!! 13 different models are available in the Philippines, Japan gets 20! We get 4!! Jazz, Civic, HR-V, CR-V, make that 5 models when the NSX decides to turn up after what appears to be the longest journey ever for a car to reach production.

Rydo likes this.