Insurance Honda Car Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by AccordCU2, Sunday 4th Mar, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have 8 years NCB and clean licence and still pay 700£ for my insurance.What others pay and who do you think can offer best deal.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Car Insurance

Paul & Cliff are working on a project at the moment so watch this space we plan to get some vendors on here soon.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is good news,hopefully we could get a good deal.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think you're postcode has a lot to do with car insurance. I found this list of insurance postcode risk the other day.

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html

Mine comes in as F*, suppose it could be worse, it could be refer.
    When I move it's going to be A.

Last edited: Sunday 4th Mar, 2012
  5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got 7-8 years no claims (can't remember exactly) and pay £450 a year. We moved a mile down the road from a HD5 to HD8 postcode and it dropped about £70!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

I live close to a High risk areas in Leeds called Scallywags ville and my insurance is highish .

They don't steal around here as everyone I mean everyone know everyone, if something moves you have the usually suspects rounded it up.:Wink:

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am 55 with full protected no claims. I have one accident against the car which was when my wife was driving.
    Last year my quote was around £450. I have just had my quote for the forthcoming year of £865.
    Think I'd be better off as a boy racer with 9 points and loads of crashes ??

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The inlaws foolishly renewed with Prudential. Both are retired and drive a Merc that they've had for 8 years. The renewal came through at £488! They live in the middle of no where. I did a bit of searching on Comparethemarket and took out better cover with lower excess for £260 including breakdown cover.

House insurance next for them....

9. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA

When I lived near Tampa Florida in resort area, the price per month (for my older non-Accord vehicle) well exceed $100 per month. Now, that i live in a very small town, premiums are much lower by comparison, though I have a newer car. So maybe insurance premiums have more to do with factors such as location, car usage, age, number of drivers, etc.

10. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough

I live in a post code area that's quite large. It covers 2 large estates separated by about 3 miles of green land and a dual carriageway. The other estate is rough, I wouldn't want to leave my car there over night if I wanted it back the following day. My estate is very quiet never had a problem with car theft, burglary, or crime in general. But I have to pay increased premiums for the other estates crime rate.

I renewed my insurance in May, 33 yrs old, with 6 yr NCB and 0 points, £530.

11. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA

This situations seems very familiar to me. Some time back, i lived in a tiny little city in Alabama and paid virtually nothing (by other people's standards) for auto insurance, just around $33 a month. That was for a non-Accord vehicle. For the time, that was incredibly affordable. But we relocated just 200 miles up the road and insurance more than doubled. That was at least 10 years ago. But it was a rude wake up call to see just how much more money big city drivers pay for auto insurance, due to congested driving conditions, high crime rate, etc. I'm just as happy to be back in a small town with cheaper auto rates. Even ten years later, my current auto insurance on the new vehicle is a deal by comparison.

12. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA

I pay around $135 a month for insurance on my Honda Accord. That's a fair price. I have the best coverage. I could cheap out and get bare coverage for $30 less but it's worth it knowing that I'm covered in a worst case scenario.

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Opened renewal letter today and nearly had a heart attack.These letters should come with a warning(please sit down before opening)
    Well bloody annoyed right now,renewal came at 940£.Last year i paid 740£.
    Why does this insurances keep going up?
    I am 32 with 9 years NCB and clean licence,Solihull is quite nice area with low crime and still insurance this high.
    Best quote i had is with esure at 690£.
    Anyone had dealings with this company or know anything about it please shout up.Any help greatly appreciated.
    Seriously considering taking company vehicle and pay for personal use.Declare Accord off the road for now.

14. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough

Zoran I'm 33, 6 years ncb and pay £500. You need to shop around. I just get mine over the internet each year for ease.

I found out this year that if you see a policy online, then phone them to take out the policy with the reference they give you online they charge you a £10 admin fee. If they phone you chasing for your custom after your internet search they waive the fee.

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Doc
    I did lot of shopping around,been at it for a good few hours now and no luck.Every quote i had from aa,rac etc is over a 1000£
    Some small companies i never heard of have given lowest quotes,bit wary of going with any of them.
    esure i heard of and they quoted 690£ but i don't know much about them hence the question has anybody had any dealings with them.
    I just don't know why is insurance is so high,never claimed for anything since i started driving.

16. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car Insurance

Galway county ,Ireland . 530 Euro. I'm 30 with 9 years no claims. No points on license. Insured through the AA by royal sun alliance. Went up from 330 euro when I changed from a 1.4 corolla.
    Surprised some of your quotes are so high. Guess the grass isn't always greener.

17. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Having previously worked for Quinn insurance- Its got more to do with PI claims as well as the risk category (as your insurance company see it) of where u live- apart from Swinton, going to a broker can be worth a look

18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lucky you
    Unfortunately in this country due to scam artists and claiming culture people like me suffer now and might have to get my beloved Accord off the road.

19. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Helen
    I will continue hunt tomorrow but it doesnt look good at the moment.
    What gets me that only 4 years ago i was paying 430£ when i had my Pug.

20. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not so much lucky me... As used to deal with plenty of scam claims.. Have u tried swift cover?