Bikes Honda CB500x for the day

Discussion in 'Adventure' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 7th Apr, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My bike went for it's 2nd service and the dealer gave me a brand new CB500x for the day. Pretty decent looking bike and with really good punchy engine.

This is a 2 cylinder 5000c bike with emphasis's on low down grunt and city riding and when opened up it can quite effortlessly move. I preferred the CBR650F I rode last year which was a four cylinder and was a total joy to ride.This being a new bike so was a bit tight, with a 1000 miles on it would loosen up but anyone looking for good commuter and decent weekend blast with a upright riding position you have a solid bike there.

This bike is made in Thailand and the build quality is superb.

Thanks to Craigs Honda for the excellent service.

IMG_2814.JPG IMG_2817.JPG IMG_2816.JPG IMG_2815.JPG IMG_2813.JPG IMG_2812.JPG

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't know lot about bikes but it looks cool.

Whats that on tourer wheels?Are you transporting it somewhere or retiring old girl?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's a decent bike if someone is downsizing or perfect for someone coming up the ranks from a 125cc and wants to get a big bike feel, but ideally its a commuter not a mileage hogger.

The 7th Generation is now SORN'd it now officially our winter car from now on. Those are the transit wheel covers all brand new Honda cars from the factory have them to protect the wheels. its primary function it stop water attaching the discs and corroding them. Anyone knows if you leave your car parked for two to three weeks in rain the discs get heavily corroded. The 8th Generation was laid up for 6 months with it and the discs were perfect very little corrosion.:Wink:

Ask your local dealer nicely and they can give you some as they get thrown anyway. @Nels if you are leaving your car exposed to the elements then get a set of these for your 8th Generation.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hmm might pop in Honda and see if they will spare some.Last time they gave me Accord show number plates for free.
    Thanks

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They have hundreds of these covers and practically binned after the cars PDI is done, They are one size fit all they can cover all wheels from 16 to 18 inch alloys.

Next time you see a Honda transporter with new cars you won't miss them.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good tip CJ. My 8th Generation is tucked up in the garage every night. The disc corrosion you saw was after washing.

Ichiban likes this.