Weekend Toy honda cb750f1

Honda Motorcycles & ATV vehicle added by motorbikelover, Sunday 6th Mar, 2016

1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    Busa1340r, legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Buddy you need to tell the story of this bike. It looks lovely.

3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    I was watching this bike on ebay for a week and no one has bid. all i wanted was the engine as a spare so contacted the seller and made him an offer that he did not refuse (£100) so off to liverpool i went.

First thing to do was check the engine and covers were removed it all looked very good inside and it turned over so i did a compression test that showed 50 ps dry and after soaking the bores with wd40 over night 100 ps wet so sticky ring were the culprit. engine was stripped and steam cleaned and checked to find every thing was fine so the cases were blasted and resprayed all fitting chromed bores glaze busted the it was rebuilt with all new chains rings seals head had all valves ground and new seals and of corse all new gaskets.

At this point i had decided to rebuild the bike as despite looking a dog the frame was very good having been brush painted it had stopped rust getting hold. i have my own shot blast cabinet and a nice diesel compressor and spray booth (shed) so the frame was blasted and ech primed followed by many coats of black cellulose as were all black parts on the bike. A good second hand tanks was bought from newark auto jumble for £10 and both side panels were £10 of ebay. The tank and seat panel were resprayed the correct red candy from rs paint and the side panels were sprayed volvo met grey as they should be. pinstripes were from david silver spares.

Wheels were odd it had a lester alloy in the front i sold this on ebay for £40 but i had a spare front wheel and along with the back these were both rechromed then rebuilt on to the hubs after a good polish on the buffing wheel. All new bearing and seals were fitted along with 2 new tyres and tubes.

Brakes, big surprise here none of the pistons were siezed so were stripped blasted and resprayed satin black and rebuilt new honda seal kits and new hoses.

Speedo and rev counter were good and only required a repaint. Wiring was a rats nest and a new loom was £200 from the us so i made a new loom using parts from vehicle wiring products including wire/ connectors and multi plugs and loom tape this came to about £20.

Forks were stripped and the legs sent to a man i know who can to be hard chromed. i polished the alloy legs and rebuilt them with new handa seals and clips the rear shocs were replaced with a set of hagons i got off ebay for £20. A new chain and sprockets were fitted as a matter of corse. new tapper head bearings were all so fitted .

After being rebuilt and MOT.d i ran the bike for 500 miles then changed the oil and filter reset the tappets and synct the carbs. I went to a local bike night on it and i was made an offer on the bike by a guy i knew so i loaned him the bike for the week end and he then bought it. bit sad when it went but i have two more of them in the shed so here we go again but the next one is yellow and has an oe exhaust

Attached Files:

legend-ary and HondaHeritage like this.