Daily Driver Honda Civic EG 1993

5th Generation (1992-1995) vehicle added by hedleyf, Thursday 28th Aug, 2014

1. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hedleyf added a new Honda to the garage:

My daily car

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

She is looking well Dave. Pleased you got her going again.:Grin:

3. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, damaged bumpers front and rear, rusted out sun roof panel, distributor and coil, and small bits, new tyres. Sourced S/H parts over a period of time, the painting of the panels cost the most but all in all not to bad, still cambelt to change at some point, might even do shoes and pads before winter as these parts are peanuts to buy on Ebay and will keep her in top condition,

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Yes, but the big decision of getting her going again is done.
    Just think how she'll be when you've finished. She won't be, 'looking well', she'll be looking great and running a dream. :Happy:

5. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ya thats the trick, keep on top of it, the reason it got to such a state is neglect I must admit, but with short time and kids to attend to and all that, car maintenance got dropped, thats Hondas for you, so reliable that they just keep on going and you just keep driving. more time now so trying to do something every month untill she is sorted.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    She's looking like a healthy EG from the outside :Smile: What're your eventual plans for her?

7. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Will keep on working on it to bring it to tip top condition ,at least mechanically, not so good with bodywork,when deciding weather to scrap it or not noticed how good it was underneath so all cleaned underside and sprayed with Mech oil in all joints and suspension parts,floor,chassis etc,no real rust on the car. Except small area near A pillar towards roof door shut not really a problem and easily fixed,other is under the battery tray, the old battery used to leak acid and I basically left it not seeing the damage done underneath the tray,regret this now as the area is not easy to access, anyway sprayed with oil and that should preserve it for now. Would like to carry the car on to preservation keep on top of it it should survive ,other option would be to sell if someone was interested and put the money towards a mint EG to preserve, one came up the other day with something like 6000 miles on the clock but was a four door, these cars are a delight to drive with good visibility, light and easy gears, power steering, just a nice small car.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    EGs are becoming quite popular again lately, I know a second person now in as many months that's doing a full blown K-Swap build in one. If it were an EK I'd consider buying it from you as a backup car for mine, but I'm dead picky on what I want all the time :Laughing:

She doesn't sound in too bad shape to get back to full health and preserve :Smile: