Service & Maintenance Honda Civic FN2 Type -R Turbo Engine Oil

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Ichiban, Thursday 20th Aug, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For the all new Civic Type -R Honda has released a new type of engine oil that has been developed specifically for the new Type-R. It is 0W-20 type 2.0 and is available under Honda genuine part number at your local Honda dealers. This type 2.0 oil is the recommend type of oil that should be used in the Type-R engine when either topping up or replacing.
    Details
    Honda HFE-20 (0W-20)
    1 litre Honda Part Number 08232-P99K1LHE
    4 litres Part Number 08232-P99K4LHE

The oil for Civic Type-R 2015 model uses a new specification which conforms to a technical specification of API SN, ILSAC GF-5 , 0W 20.

The four litre tub looks like this

FullSizeRender(1). FullSizeRender(2). FullSizeRender(3). FullSizeRender(4). FullSizeRender(5).

The oil colour is amber gold like the standard 0w-20 oil so no difference in appearance, look at this thread Bulletins & Advisories - Civic Type-R 15 Year Model PDI and Maintenance information

The idimetsu oil PDF gives you all the insight and the conformation this oil is fully backward compatible with your Honda which prescribe to 0w-20 oils.

See attached MSDS sheet for this new specification oil.

Attached Files:

Nels likes this.
  2. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    Ichiban thanks for the update on this.

Btw if you look at the last page of the msds it says this oil is made by idimetsu and therefore total.

Will be interesting to see the feedback when you use it.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well spotted mate:salute: indeed it is idemitsu Lube Europe GmbH, which is the supplier. As for the review I have already covered 1800 Miles with the new CTR oil and it been perfect I will switch to this oil on the other Accord too.

I have driven the car in all possible manner and I think this oil is better as there hasn't been any oil consumption, I would have topped up 100ml of oil with the older 0w-20 oil. The engine feels the same and very responsive too.,

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    The 'old' 0W20 will be discontinued to this new 0W20. Once sold out, all orders will get this new oil.

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It will be interesting to see if all dealers use this oil automatically.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ha don't be silly.

John Dickson likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I wish.
    In August, I e-mailed the DP at the local dealership about why the don't use 0W-20, and still haven't had an answer. :annoyed:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Speaks volumes really it's the bottom line of making profit using a oil which gives them the margins.

9. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    CJ can we purchase this oil from HH now

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes mate there is a shortage from Honda at the moment but the HH guys can get you the oil at our discount, It will be added to the store shortly.

11. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Great stuff I've still got 3 gallons of 5-30 mobil 1 left so will use up first.Then try out the new oil to see how the car performs :Wink:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    3 gallons what you robbed a oil depot!!