Honda Civic hatchback Review by Car Buyer

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Ichiban, Saturday 7th Jan, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hmm i watched the video and although not driven or even seen one think it comes across as quite a balanced and impartial review.

The rear headroom issue wouldn't be an issue for people with kids but have to agree with the cost. Do I go for a top spec Civic or an Audi A6? hmmm

I'm sure once the vales fall after a couple of years they'll be very desirable cars. Just hope Honda hasn't priced it too high.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have seen this car 6 months ago and seen the prototype and the finished product , the 9th Generation Civic is a MASSIVE improvement over the outgoing 8th Generation. The fit finish and quality of the car is top notch and is a quality product produced right here in good old England. However the price will be immaterial to a lot of customers if this Civic will be über bullet proof and doesn't have the long list of issues as seen on the 8th Generation. Honda can have a run away success in getting people out of their Accord to a Civic with same specifications.

Time will tell how this Civic fares.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    I've been up close and sat in the new Civic and i must say its almost on par with the new accord for build quality and finnish. how they fitted the 2.2 I-DTEC i don't know but that engine wil certainly sell car's! you wait and see when the 1.6 diesel is included in the range and no doubt a type-r hybrid. exciting times for honda! only issue is the price, which worries me a little. because of where the car is aimd at, customers will certainly be comparing with the vag groop and the like.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda customer are niche customers , they are buying a Honda because its a Honda and it legendary history and reliability.

Unfortunately this niche is very small of very loyal customers who do consistently sees beyond the price tag and buys a products and the engineering history which come along with a Honda. Honda are top is reliability leagues year after year they have a superb dealer network with a excellent aftercare regime and fix issue and have repeated expended warranties. They will not just sweep it under the carpet. Honda Customer relations when approached with a positive state of mind will give you that customer joy when things go wrong.

how many other manufacturers go out of their way to help their customers and listen to their feedback so diligently?

I have had warranty work done on the car 6 year after the standard warranty expired !! try getting that from your German marques.

1.6 Civic diesel will be the bread and butter model for the corporate customer that has the potential to take away the massive chunk of lease Accord customers. I hope it does well but it doesn't kill off the Accord brand altogether.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

And of course the company fleet buyers and lease companies will pay nowhere near those prices.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you do realise the prices as per vedio are for the fully loaded option, fleets cars never go for the full loaded options car.

they will be buying the mid tier spec cars. that vedio ending does not help in people or potential customers yes it does highlight the car is expensive so look at the entire range not the one spec.

there is no need to buy the full loaded spec car.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The price range is £21,745 - £28,495, so mid range will be about £25000.

I'm not saying £28k is too much but £25k isn't. The point I am making is that fleet and lease bulk buyers don't pay those prices anyway.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is amazing that they got 67 MPG and 0 road tax on 2.2 I-DTEC engine.That would attract me as a buyer.If i was buying one i would go for ex but without all these extra toys and i believe a deal could be found if you negotiate a bit.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Let the 1.6 diesel come out that will be the winner for the owners who demand higher fuel efficiency and mileage.