General honda concerto

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tomsy69, Monday 12th Oct, 2015.

1. tomsy69 New Member Getting Started

Hi all. Im new to this forum and just wanted to see if anybody has done this before on ere. I've got a honda concerto project im undertaking and looking to do an engine swap. I've been told the cars engine mounts are the same as newer b16b/a Type-R etc engines and that the swap is simple.....of course nothing is ever simple in an engine swap but wanted to know if anyone has done this. Cheers!
    Ps i apologise if this is in the wrong section

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello and welcome to HK Tomsy.
    Please add your vehicle to the Club Garage as it will help understand your queries. Plenty of experienced folks around here who can give guide you with relevant info.

3. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    Hi Tomsy69 I have a Concerto running a B20 VTEC with a B16 VTEC gearbox. It is not a straight swap the mountings are similar but not the same, I have used parts of both mountings and welded them together, some one on Rovertech did a conversion in Rover 216 using Civic swap mounts but those had to be modified anyway. You also need to do a fair bit of wiring even if you use the ODB0 Civic CR-X ECU which has the same plugs as the Concerto but with wires going to different positions. You also need a Civic or CR-X VTEC shifter assembly and driveshafts which need modifying to fit the knuckles. It is probably easiest to do what I did and get a front end of a donor Civic 4th Generation or CR-X 2nd Generation but there are not many around now a days. If you go ahead let me know any questions and I will do what I can to help

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. tomsy69 New Member Getting Started

Cheers. A lot more involved than i thought then lol. Just don't want it to be one of those projects that ends up costing thousands more than expected. Budgeted about 5k on my skyline and ended up doing around 30k! Not going to let that happen again! Lol

5. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    If you can do the work yourself it won't be too expensive, it is the labour that will add up if you can even find someone to do it in these days of litigation not many garages will tackle modifications like this.