Brochures & Promo Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC Review

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Monday 12th Aug, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. stegg New Member Getting Started

The old 2.2 wouldn't meet Euro 6 emissions so Honda had to start from scratch with the 1.6. We'd all love to drive 6 litre V8's, but legislation and the cost of fuel is stopping this in its tracks.
    1.6 high power with the twin sequential turbo has the power spread that people expect from a diesel. I think it's the one to wait for.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll certainly test drive one, but considering its only 2WD and loses more than 20% of its BHP to lug around a heavy frame, I don't see the point.

Or maybe I am just too used to the AWD/2.2 I-DTEC that I have now :Hooray:

On a side note, the quicker we're out of Europe, then we neednt worry about their silly emissions regulations....global warming is damn man made myth as it its anyway - not like the UK is even getting warmer for a start....but I digress.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I hate diesel engines TDK you know that but the 1.6 is a really good engine. i would say its better than the 2.2 just due to it lightness.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/898/

It not a million miles away from Torque and BHP http://hondakarma.com/posts/24506/

test drive it you will be shocked how good it is, I was in denial and that being honest.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh Im not discrediting it - I just think its not enough grunt for how big the CR-V is, thats all.

I do intend to give it a drive when its available.

6. sheldon Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    here is also the Honda CR-V review Honda CR-V