Honda CR-V 2.2 i-DTEC EX (2013) long-term test review

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Car, Friday 6th Sep, 2013.

1. Car Car RSS Feed

Month 4 running a Honda CR-V: latest update on the Honda crossover In the last four months the CR-V has been used for everything from towing a rally car to spending time out with the new pup, and I’ve had plenty...

More...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Blimey a good review are these journos not feeling well , Its a Honda you have reviewed not a Bavarian tractor.

Pleasantly surprised with some positive feedback.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I beg to differ.

Rubbish reviews trying to be "real world" when they are anything but. Aside from it being a waste of bandwidth, I can no longer get back the three minutes of my life I spent reading that defacated tripe.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    He was trying to be nice thou. Maybe its time you did one TDK , lay down your views.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It would be seen as heavily biased though wouldn't it?

I don't mind writing one up, its the end value that would be scoffed at by most - accusing me of not being objective etc. I'm not a journalist (thank God, I have more than two functioning brain cells unlike them) and to be fair, my views will no doubt not be reflective for every CR-V owner.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would love you to write one.
    I am considering CR-V for my next car so hearing it from someone who use it day in day out would help me made up my mind.
    Things I am most concerned is rear seats comfort.I have 3 kids who are getting bigger and need more room in the back.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok sure, I'll do one for you Zoran - from my own personal perspective of course!

The rear seats - well, I can tell you my kids love it - unbelievable amount of space, even when the wife and I have our seats push right back. Or, if you wish - if you give me a bullet-point list of the things you want me to cover, that would be far easier, as then I can describe my own experiences etc, aside from getting 65mpg on the motorway nearly all the time :lol:

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks TDK
    As mentioned rear comfort/legroom is most important thing for me now that kids are getting bigger/taller.
    What's it feel like on long journeys? I drive at least once a year to Croatia so need something as good or nearly good as my Accord.
    Does it feel big to drive or is it just like any other car?
    Not bothered with fuel economy.I will be buying petrol any way because diesel is no good to me as it will be parked on the drive most of the time.
    If I think of anything else I will update but in nutshell that's about it.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Leave it with me Zoran - I'll put pen to paper (so to speak!) this weekend for you.

:Thumbup:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks TDK.
    Looking forward to read it.You might just help me to choose between Accord tourer or new CR-V.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

An Accord Tourer will never carry three growing kids as comfortably as a CR-V can...it just doesnt have the space/footroom etc.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

It can easily accommodate 3 kiddies below the ages of 10 , 10 onwards will be a struggle. It does have the room and footspace.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

...that was part of the reason I had to get rid of the Accord, albeit reluctantly.

Having said that, both kids now love the CR-V even more than they did the Accord...so it wasnt all a bad move :Smile:

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Assuming you don't get the Accord Tourer, will you be looking at other CR-V rivals like the Kuga/Tiguan/CX-5/Santa Fe/Sorento/Sportage/RAV4/Outlander/Freelander/Forester/Qashqai/Joke etc??

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Possibly yes.No choice, need a car with more space in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

When the time come will take CR-V for a test drive and see how it goes.People carrier's are not an option.

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes avoid people carriers at all costs.

Better to sell your kids on ebay or something! Just kidding :lol:

If you do go for the CR-V, what trim you after?

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All my Honda cars have been EX and I like sat nav, leathet seats etc so money permitting it will be EX.
    I rather walk then drive people carrier.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a quick look and it seem that 2.0 I-VTEC EX is most expensive in range 30k.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you buy a Swindon wagon I will find you and take a pound of your flesh.. call me Shelock :Wink:

Just wait for 2014 Sept.. I cannot see the ugly duckling the Civic Tourer selling the 9th Generation will be here before you say I should have listened to me.

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not gonna lie to you dude, the 2.0 I-VTEC just doesnt have the power or torque to move the CR-V's bulk. Unless you opt for the 2WD version (I havent driven that so I can't comment). Appreciate you don't care for diesel, but believe me, it moves a heck of a lot better than the petrol all day long.

Its a shame there is not 2.4 petrol version like there is in the USA - I've driven that and its an absolute dream. Power, torque, poor fuel economy - it has it all! If there was a 2.4 here, I'd buy that ahead of a 2.0 petrol. In summary, I will say that if you're in the market for a £30k CR-V, do not rule out the diesel beast. I love mine more than I loved the Accord. And I loved my Accord more than my wife and kids - so thats saying something!!!

SpeedyGee likes this.
  20. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

At HH right now sitting in CR-V in the back and you are so right TDK.There is so much space in the back is unbelievable.
    Very roomy car, going to blag my way to see if can get one on test drive.