Introductions HONDA CR-V 2014 On Brake Issue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brian Scott, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. Brian Scott New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Brian Aberdeen
    HI All,
    I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the brakes grinding at low speeds on the new CR-V's? I have had my CR-V since October and it has been returned to the garage twice for this problem.

Cheers,

Brian.

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

No issues for me, not something I've seen on the CR-V section either.

What has the dealer said about it?

Welcome to HondaKarma by the way! :welcome::garage:

3. Brian Scott New Member Getting Started

have told me that it is down to the new material they are using due to legislation change. I don't believ a company like Honda would a) resort to statement like that and b) settle for poor quality.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Ichiban and @Beefy - any ideas on this one?

Mine doesn't have an issue, neither did the courtesy CR-V I had :Unknown:

5. Brian Scott New Member Getting Started

Not sure where I can go to get the correct answer.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It may be worth getting a second opinion, from a different Honda dealer. If that still doesn't satisfy, then you can always contact Honda UK customer services (contact details are on the Honda UK website).

Hopefully one of the more technically gifted members will be online later and may be able to help some more.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes mate the new EU legislation to crub the use of heavy metals and the crub brake dust so a few of the ingredients in pads and discs have been lessened. Cooper in pads and disc has reduced to meet these EU legislation. Copper had a high anti squeal properties hence that noise. I have a minor squeal on my Jazz rear pads when it's bone cold so no amount of greasing will stop it.

The 8th and 7th Generation pads are still made with the old ingredients and they are perfect this issue will become more widespread with other manufacturers soon.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to:gohonda:Karma

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Brian:welcome: