CR-V Honda CR-V Front Mats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikon, Sunday 12th Jun, 2016.

?

Honda CR-V Floor mats

1. Good quality

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Poor quality

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Never had a issue

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. decline to comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Very expensive product

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All
    i recently got my first Honda CR-V have to well impressed to say the least , however i was given some brand new floor mats from the dealer i purchased the CR-V from , had them around 4 months and they all spit and worn i was rather surprised on this to be honest , i spoke with the dealer who asked me to photograph them milage send in also the the details on the rear photograph , i did all this sent them in and they changed just the drivers side which i thought was rather poor , anyway just a few months later yes the same happened again , this time i have taken it up with Honda uk and also changed the dealer where i had to return with them for honda uk to have them photographed by the management at the dealership , i am still waiting to hear from honda uk on the next stage of the issue , i will of course let you know the outcome and what happens , i just wondered if this has happened to anyone else who owns this particular vehicle thanks

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Nikon

I've never had an issue with the OEM mats in my Accord (40k miles) or my current CR-V (10k miles) and find them to be excellent.

However, there was another member with the same issue as yours a few months ago. Maybe there was a 'bad batch?'

3. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    I did say I would post the response from Honda uk , as I expected a complete Negative response in words we will exchange the drivers side only Mat for A third time and I explained this is not going to go away and my thinking is all they have in is swept it index the carpet in leymans terms , the product is manufactured in Poland and they are of poor Quality which I find strange from a premium Car Manufacturers, maybe it no surprise that the likes of Kia and skoda will move above these in the future it's like Alidi and lidl doing well compared to the likes of Tesco.
    I won't be buying any of the genuine Honda mats in the future
    Extremely poor response from Honda uk
    I will supply my name and address to the admin here no problems.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi
    Yes the images of the Honda CR-V mat in Question buyers beware. You now see my point.
    Waste of money.

Attached Files:

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    The dealer provided a full set of OEM rubber mats free (I specifically asked for the rubber ones) when I bought my CR-V new last year. I have to say the rubber mats are top quality, thick, flexible, withstand scrubbing easily and when washed are almost as good as new. I can't comment on any other type of mat but I haven't seen any other complaints of poor quality mats of any sort.

Keith

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Nikon

From the photos, those are different to the OEM mats that were supplied new with my CR-V.

Mine have the CR-V logo woven in rather than having (what looks like) a metal emblem? The back of mine also looks to be made from a different material.

I'll take some photos later in the week when I get a chance for comparison.

6. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys for the replies and be good to see the good mats

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The OEM mats in my Accord have been in from new, the First Lady owner had them for 18months and I e had them for over 10 years and they are still going strong the only problem I have is like @FirstHonda has said the Accord on mine are woven in not a metal plate like yours (I'm sure someone can comment on whether they are OEM ) and it's a little worn but the backs are in perfect condition and they get a shampoo every year.

8. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are the correct mats for the previous model CR-V.

I've never seen CR-V mats wear out like that before. Can you think of anything specific you are doing to cause that?

The mats I bought for my Jaguar are made by the same people that make the mats for Honda and you boys and girls should pipe down a little about the prices you've paid to Honda!

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Perhaps you got a Friday afternoon special. I still have the original mats in my car although I don't use them anymore, but they are 17 years old, with around 15 years of use and look nearly new.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Never had a problem with Honda mats. 3 previous Accords all had the original mats from new and looked almost like new. (All were over 10 years old)

Must be either a bad batch?

11. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a reply of Honda uk which like I say was very negative which I genuinely expected , I just wonder how Honda Japan might have responded to this poor issue relating to products supplied by Honda in the uk.

Did you know this
    If your car yes Honda is broken down in your drive or anywhere on the road and staff employed by Honda would be expected to stop and apologies on behalf of Honda and that is from a official source , also when interviewed for a position with Honda is a Answer which would be Expected

I am not un happy with my CR-V. Far from it but the shocking response from Karla Britton - senior Management customer relations Advisor Honda uk.

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here's my 12 year old mats, drivers has had more use.
    image.
    image.
    image.

Last edited: Wednesday 22nd Jun, 2016
    exec, SpeedyGee and FirstHonda like this.