Brochures & Promo Honda CR-V: Hong Kong 2015 PDF

4th Generation (2011)

1. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I want the 'AWD' badge on the boot lid in the UK!

3. Cobh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not to mention 190PS with the 2.4 engine. And they get the 1.5 engine in the Jazz, as an option.

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    What, like this?

Attached Files:

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Was that standard Keith or something you have added?

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Not long after I bought the car I was going out and the dustmen had been and (as usual) left the wheely bin in the middle of the drive. I moved it back into the middle of the parking area with the intention of putting it away when I returned (you can see what's coming here but bear with me).

Upon return, having forgotten all bout the bin, I was reversing into the parking area and using the internal and wing mirrors to reverse, ignoring all the warning bings, bongs and not looking at the the reversing camera because I knew there were no obstructions (?) All was gong well until I felt a slight bump. One of the brackets holding the handle on the bin (which was below the internal mirror view) had just touched the boot of the car. Whilst it had not actually broken the paint surface, it had caused a very slight indentation which could be seen in certain light conditions and angles.

I didn't want to start having minor paint repairs done to a virtually brand new car, so the next best thing, given the small size of the dent, was to cover it up. As virtually all 4X4s of whatever make have some sort of indication of such on them and the CR-V didn't, I judged that some sort of 4X4 badge wouldn't look out of place, wouldn't look like an embellishment (which I dislike) and wouldn't be noticed by anyone other than "purists".

I searched the net and came up with the one on the car which virtually matches the CR-V badge on the other side of the boot lid and looks very much like it came as OE.

Total cost £4 all the way, as usual, from the PRC.

Don't ask me who supplied it as I didn't keep any records but it was somewhere on Amazon, I believe. No doubt E-Bay will have similar examples, there's plenty to choose from.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the result.

Every cloud.... as they say.

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.