Fuel Efficiency Honda CR-V - i-CTDI & i-DTEC Engines

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 25th May, 2013.

?

What MPG Are You Getting From Your Diesel CR-V

1. 20-24

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 25-29

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 30-34

8.1%
  4. 35-39

18.9%
  5. 40-44

43.2%
  6. 45-49

16.2%
  7. 50-54

8.1%
  8. 50 Or More (Please State Number)

5.4%
  1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honda CR-V Fuel Efficiency - i-CTDI & i-DTEC Engines

As with the Accord, this poll is for diesel CR-V owners to see MPG they are getting.

How are are you calculating the MPG?

How many miles from a tank?

Are you calculating MPG from full tank?

Tyre of Journeys i.e Motorway , Urban, Mixture etc.

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon fellas - there's quite a number of CR-V owners, lets get voting!

2. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Difficult one for me, since owning the car last October the worst has been 35 MPG and the best a shade over 53 MPG, all depending on type of journey, how much of a hurry I am in, traffic conditions etc....
    I have a record of all my fill ups on a spreadsheet, will check tomorrow and get an overall average and re post.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No probs :Thumbup:

4. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Only 2 miles to work so unfair to use that as a comparison but as a trip out on a sunday well pleased with 47mpg but go above 70 and its a dramatic low

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I calculate mine on the full to full method. Two clicks on the fuel supply when it is full so the same amount of diesel is put in each time. The fuel consumption has varied from 38.7mpg to 41.2 MPG on the last occasion. These figures would be classified as urban use.

The read out on the car tends to under estimate the consumption. When I filled up on Friday the average consumption was 37.2, and it tends to hover between 37 and 38, whereas the actual was 41. Yesterday, the read out was between 45 and 46 MPG. I hope this is not optimistic. In another post I mentioned that I filled up with the new Shell V-Power Nitro, rather than the standard V-Power, and also added 300ml of TSO to the tank before I filled up. Whether this has made the engine more economical is not possible to say. I'll have to fill up a few more times with Nitro, and then with the standard V-Power to see if there is any difference. Anyway, I'm more than delighted because the CR-V is proving to be more economical then my Accord I-CTDI.

6. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Honda CR-V Fuel Efficiency - i-CTDI & i-DTEC Engines

What have you been getting yourself DK and how many miles to a full tank?

I've noticed this past month or so the MPGS notching up on my accord with the warmer weather, 2-3mpgs better off i reckon

7. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    My fuel figures since buying the car.

8. tempster New Member Getting Started

UK
    Re: Honda CR-V Fuel Efficiency - i-CTDI & i-DTEC Engines

since owning the car i've seemed to get 45-47mpg .. i drive with cruise on at around 65-70mph

9. Slimbaldy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leeds
    Hi just had mine serviced, I run the tyres on 32psi and use esso standard diesel. Mixed motoring fast, slow loaded and not gives me about 39.5 MPG. And sometimes I'm a bit lead footed.

10. macsandpcs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Glenn suffolk
    I had a 2009 I-CTDI CR-V for 18 months, over that time I covered 40000 miles, a good mix of motorway and short journeys around towns and villages, mostly gentle driving in the villages to keep the MPG up. Car always serviced on time by honda. boot normally loaded with kit.
    The average MPG was 38.42 (Calculated by Road Trip app for iPhone)

The scary part is that is £6667.68 worth of diesel :Blink:

I did briefly have the Premier Tuning Stage 1 ECU Remap and EGR off (about 4 months) this improved things by about 2 MPG and the fun factor was unmeasurable (It transformed the car) but due to the clutches being made of chocolate on that model, I had to remove it.

Last edited: Saturday 15th Jun, 2013
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You did a very wise move in removing that remap ,the remap would have caused you unmeasurable heartaches too once that transformation wore off..

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll let the picture do the talking :lol:

Last edited: Saturday 6th Dec, 2014
    Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  13. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Brilliant. I still haven't done a long journey, but have achieved 56.7 MPG on a short run via busy roads.

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Switch the A/C off when you do short hops and watch the MPG rocket. Trust me, it makes ALL the difference.

I was getting 50mpg around French towns in stop-start traffic!!! :Rolf:

15. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Achieved my best yet yesterday on a 300 mile round trip. Mostly reasonably leisurely due to traffic but the whole of the M54, both ways, at 80mph.
    48 MPG according to the car's calculations. I'm fairly confident that its calculations are fairly accurate on a journey of longer than 30 miles.
    I'm of to Bristol tomorrow, via Cardiff. Another 280 to 300 mile trip, this time about 60 miles rural and the rest being motorway. I usually manage 40 to 42mpg on this trip.

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good stuff!

Was that with the ECON switched on or not? How about Air Con?

Switching the A/C off makes a huge difference I've found.

17. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This was with ECON on, because I see no reason to switch it off. Air-con compressor is always switched on on all my vehicles that have climate control. That doesn't mean that the compressor is always engaged of course, as it decides that for itself. I don't imagine it was working overtime yesterday though, what with the ambient temperature varying between a high of 7 and a low of 3C on the way home. Cab temperature was set at 20C.

18. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like you, I always have the ECON on too.

But trust me, turn the AC off completely and watch the MPG rise faster....faster than the Dark Knight Rises!! :Fear: :eek:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  19. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

290 miles today. I do this journey most weeks, so I know what to expect. It was dry with virtually no wind today, which helps.
    Switched the air-con compressor off before starting and left it off all day. Normally the climate system is set to auto.
    Traffic was mainly light and fast today so a fairly high proportion was between mid70and 80mph.

Normally I would expect between 41 and 42 MPG for this journey indicated on the dash.

Today with the air-con switched off, the readout just scraped up to 43mpg exactly about 5 miles from home. So probably between 1 and 1.5 MPG improvement in economy with air-con switched off.

The average for 600 miles has now reduced to 44.5mpg indicated.

20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What percentage of your journeys are local/urban/motorway etc?