Bulletins & Advisories Honda CR-V "The Black Edition"

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Service News, Tuesday 5th Mar, 2013.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Honda has created a Black Edition option pack that has been designed to give black CR-Vs even more stylish standout and classy functionality. This pack extends the black theme by perfectly complementing the Crystal Black paint of the CR-Vs bodywork and includes a front grille, tail gate spoiler, running board, front and rear skid plates, and alloy wheels.

Like all of Honda’s accessories packs, every part has been engineered for a perfect fit with the lines and curves of the CR-V.

The front grille features a honeycombed pattern with shiny black surround, that not only matches the car’s bodywork, but also gives it a more powerful expression of performance.

To top the tail, the tail gate spoiler makes an ideal addition. Seamlessly extending the flowing lines of the roof over the rear window, it lends a sleek, aerodynamic and sporty touch.

For CR-V owners, getting into their vehicle is always special. But with stylish running boards the experience is a real step up. Smoothly integrated and making it easier to step in or out of your CR-V, they are as practical as they are stylish.

Protecting the underside of the CR-V is always a good idea, and with Honda’s new front and rear skid plates comes a ruggedly elegant solution. The shiny black garnish emphasizes the hunkered-down styling and stance.

But for all-round attitude, alloy wheels are hard to beat. Both in Gunpowder Black finish, 2 possible designs – 18” Taurus or 19” Orion – more than complete the Black Edition look.

The CR-V Black Edition will be available on sale in autumn 2013.

AOCUK_CR-V_Black_Edition.

AOCUK_CR-V_Black_Edition (2).

AOCUK_CR-V_Black_Edition (1).

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: 4th Generation "The Black Edition"

Our Doc Accord looks like that !!

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now THAT is something I could well sign up for!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Don't forget the Batman Cossy. :Smile:

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have several already...LOL

6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4th Generation "The Black Edition"

Very nice if only I had the money!

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough

That looks pretty nice. I like the way the black boarder on the headlights fits with the black grill. But not sure about the chrome rims on the black alloys. :Unknown:

I want a black number plate on the back of my Accord now.

I think they've nicked the concept off me though! :Smile:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: 4th Generation "The Black & White Edition"

Time to update this thread unknown to me Honda UK sneaked in a white edition late December 2013

White Edition

White Edition.

The parts list which makes these two models Stand out

1. Front Grille
    2. 19” Orion Alloys
    3. Running Board
    4. Privacy Glass
    5. Tailgate Spoiler
    6. Exhaust Finisher
    7. Front & Rear skid plate
    8. Sat Nav standard

The Black edition

CRV Black Edition 2.JPG CRV Black Edition 3.JPG CRV Black Edition. CRV Black Edition 4.

Additionally only 500 will be ever made in the 2.2 Diesel Engine drive train NO petrol option only for weasel engine lovers :nea:This limits this car to families as Corporates will not be interested in the higher C02 engine and with a higher BIK. 500 version of these ...uum I can see a lot of dealer sales which will cover 240 cars easily :lol:

I have to be honest I do not like the rear of the CR-V its looks ugly infact in my eye uglier than the 7th Generation Tourer, However I saw this CR-V in Salford with chrome accents on the rear reflectors which made the end more appealing look at the full running board too which caught my attention and I was nodding myhead in approval. I took these pictures whilst stationary in zoomed format so sorry they are grainy.

photo 2 (4). photo 1 (4).

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^

http://hondakarma.com/threads/5705/

Not sure why the pics don't/won't work?

Anyway, aside from the black alloys, I have everything the Black Edition does. The sport grille is in storage until this poor winter weather disappears. I agree with CJ - the rear of the 4th Generation CR-V is a bit "marmite" but it looks 101% better both colour-coded like mine (which the Black Edition isnt BTW) and also with the roof spoiler. It sets it off nicely.

Dunno if you can fix the pics CJ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

can't fix those images mate :Sorry:, that was when the images where held in the DB and we had an DB corruption.. have you got the images? we can reinsert them

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

TDK I would go far and say the tailgate spoiler should be standard on the 4th Generation to improve the rear end looks.. but I can't find those brushed metal reflector accents on Honda-access website.

Where did the owner get those?

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes I think I have them saved (somewhere?!?!?!).

Will find and reinsert later :Thumbup:

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, spoiler should not be standard otherwise every sodding CR-V would look the same! I like the exclusivity!

The reflector accents: FOR 12~13 HONDA CR-V CR-V FRONT+ RERA FOG LIGHT LAMP CHROME COVER TRIM SURROUNDS | eBay

The Aero Bumper has similar accents:

1008-4442.

I thought about chroming mine, but decided against it. Black rules. :Happy:

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

those are not the same as what I saw mate this was like an outer bezel on the reflectors or even tradition piping which was cut to measure.. can't say as I could not see it closely.

14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am sure i saw black edition in HH the other week with 19 inch alloys.Looked really nice.