Engine & Gearbox Honda CR-X 1990 VTI Remapping with Hondata S300 ECU

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by monkeyboy, Tuesday 3rd Feb, 2015.

1. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    hi have a poor running issue, been told need to fit honda data s300 ECU have all the bits but can not find anyone with software to remap in the harlow essex or fakeham norfolk area

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On what car and what engine are we talking about?

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    S300 is an add-on board for ODB1 ECUs, the only car of yours I believe this would apply to is your B20 Aerodeck right?

For tuning B-Series, I'd look at either Romain at EuroSpec in Guildford, or Will at RaceDynoTuning in Doncaster. Either should be able to provide you with a base map to get the car to them, you could also send your ECU up to Scott at @H-Tune to stick a base map on and he'll send it back down to you.

Engine tuning is something I would only have done by someone experienced with that series of engines like the above. Hondata tuning is pretty universal amongst the scene.

For the record, you didn't need an S300, there was many other alternatives out there.

4. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    its a Honda CR-X 1990 vti B20 bottom,b16 head,b18 cams, takes a bit of time starting a few turn overs, running lumpy on tick over, smells a bit of fuel though no leaks as far as i can see , runs a bit better once warmed up though ,

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd definitely recommend one of the above for tuning purposes, going to move this thread to the correct section.

6. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    $_14.JPG $_14(1).JPG
    picture here of the car in question its my brothers car he picked up from Cardiff drove all the way back to Norfolk only 18 miles down the road from the previous owner who sold it to Cardiff owner surprised tried locally no one has that software for Honda data s300, thanks anyway maybe go down the pre programmed chip card that will plug in to ECU that I have all ready in at the moment, spoke with guy who use to look at b series in Kings Lynn ill pass on his details hear if he's okay with that!

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You definitely want to get it tuned by someone versed in B-Series engines as I say, doesn't really matter who has the software or not (takes 2 minutes to download from the Hondata website), it's who understands the engine well enough to tune it correctly, it's not a job you want to give to any monkey.

Pre-programmed chips are just generic base maps, you definitely do not want to stick a base map on a B20/B16 frank with B18C cams permanently mate.

8. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harlow
    thanks mate note taken !