Honda Crosstourer

Honda Motorcycles & ATV vehicle added by nsxer, Sunday 15th Feb, 2015

1. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

nsxer added a new Honda to the garage:

Honda Crosstourer

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Got my XT seat modified for the new season. Sent off to Tony Archer for gel inserts. Came back like this!
    Very pleased and nicer to sit on when doing longer journeys

image. image. image.

legend-ary likes this.
  3. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Another recent addition to the XT was replacement of the suspension setup.
    The OEM setup is full of compromises in order to suit all types of rider and to be honest Honda did not put lots of cost towards it.
    After having an aftermarket set up on my old Tiger it's hard to adopt to stock. The front springs in particular on the XT are not good at all. The rear shock is ok but when pushing on it does show its weakness.
    So out with OEM and in with a full Hyperpro setup both rear shock and the front springs. I have used their kit previously so better the devil you know.
    The rear shock is now compliant at all speeds and is excellent when pushing on. Bike is more planted and inspires confidence.
    Still making the odd tweak up front ... Taking a bit longer to get sorted but improvements already in terms of less dive in braking, and the bike corners better and gives good control on entering and exiting.

Excuse pics as she is a bit boggin!
    And yes you are not seeing things that is the length of hosing direct from HP for this model of bike. The user guide had you mounting the preload/compression unit at the front of the bike! WTF?!

image. image.

legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  4. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Nice machine. Have had lots of Tony archer seats on my bikes and I have always been pleased with his work.
    Rick

nsxer likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    All my mates who are regular riders to Europe have his gel seats and all of them are over the moon with his seats. TBH he not far from me I do need to nip by and get Tony treatment.

6. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

got the recall letter from Honda recently in relation to the reported problems with the driveshaft. i have read about a small number of total failures on the XT forums ... it is very rare but does happen. At least now Honda is acknowledging it and is putting measures in place to deal with it. My VIN has been identified. Need to arrange with dealer to sort out

Apart from this not much has been happening with the XT since the big suspension upgrade. Tbh the bike needs very little it really is a solid bike and the more the engine beds in the better it gets. Just not getting the chance to use it as much as I could with other things going on.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one Honda at least they acknowledge and fix issues unlike BMW bikes .

8. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

tbh they have taken a VERY long time to acknowledge the problem and some owners have had real issues.

you could argue that Honda were not as accommodating as owners expected them to be re this issue ... considering how integral the driveshaft is to the whole bike

well the key thing is there is recall notification made and that will be that.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the sunroof on the 8th Generation took time too mate , It Honda doing all their test before committing, the people who had work done prior to this recall have legal recourse for the monies spent.

All frustrating but it's the world we live in.

nsxer likes this.
  10. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

As from previous posts not much changed with the XT over past year or so. Bar servicing and a change of tyres the bike is faultless. I swear the engine just keeps getting better; I have been unable to get more miles on it over the last season due to other things but trying to make amends in 2016 and get out more including commuting.

Still to hook up with my Honda dealer re the driveshaft recall but not panicked about this in anyway

Just thought I would take a few snaps of the Honda crash bar and aux lights due to changing to these from the initial purchase when a Givi system was installed

I also took a pic of the touratech hand guard which is better than OEM for protection

Attached Files:

legend-ary likes this.