Honda dealer mess up

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Nikon, Wednesday 14th Sep, 2016.

1. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i am not here to call this dealership but i am somewhat frustrated on this dealership , My MOT is due on my CR-V Honda , the dealership who wold me the Honda , i have to say there after-sales is extremely poor , i will name the dealership which is Honda Swansway old Trafford nr manchester , i wouldn't mind they contacted me to arrange my MOT :clap::clap::clap:all i asked was would it be possible to arrange my MOT at there rochdale Branch and yes would you believe it they said yes thats no problem we will arrange this i replied thats great :Hey::Hey:, so one day before yes they called me to confirm i did reiterate it still okay at rochdale they yessssss :gohonda::gohonda: i went yesterday at the time they booked and yes you have probably already guessed it was not booked in , the lady was very nice at rochdale and duly said oh its booked in manchester , i just said its fine i will leave it , i duly drove out of the dealership really annoyed , i did contact manchester honda and spoke with the manager David but he simply could not answer being put on the spot , so i am now having to find another garage to arrange my MOT and service , i have sent a email to Honda uk to the CEO i will of course let you know the reply of this complete mess from this Dealership
  2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A bit OTT isn't it? Seems a simple mistake to me. Give them a chance to put it right at least.
    ryanmch67, Nighthawk and Nels like this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Do you have the name(s) of whoever arranged/confirmed the MOT at the other dealership? If so, then I would have recommended a letter to the dealer principal.
    If you don't have the names, then a lesson for next time maybe?
    Nighthawk likes this.
  4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It's not worth falling out with your local main dealer, they have the Honda software updates and inside info. etc. for your car that no-one else has, so why not just ring Rochdale tomorrow and book it in.
    Ichiban likes this.
  5. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i think you have went off the deep end a bit to quick ... sending a letter to CEO of HUK over this is a bit OTT IMHO
    if anything your greivance should have been taken up with d/ship management BEFORE going to HUK
    And IMHO it appears to be a mis comm issue and as annoying as it is i think sorting out locally is best bet

sorry but this is total OTT
  6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the question you need to ask yourself is under similar circumstances would you do that with any other service industry? Complain to the CEO of tesco etc.

Dealership staff are normal people like yourself who have mortgages and children to provide for etc. I think you've been unfair to jeopardise someone's job because of an easy mistake to make. As annoying as it is, nobody is perfect.
    chris2982, Nighthawk and legend-ary like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So hows things after 24 hours has the situation become any better or worse?
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I agree with previous posts @Nikon

However infuriating it must have been for you, Honda UK won't care as this is clearly a dealer issue. Any complaint needs to go to the Service Manager first IMHO to see what they do about it.

I'd say an apology should do it...nothing more. Maybe a half-price MOT, but that would be it.
  9. Nikon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi thanks for the recent post
    i had my Honda CR-V serviced and they offered me a collection service and free wash and vac , at rochdale thanks for your comments some good some negative from certain comments

i may well look for a Aproved Garage in the future