Dealers/Garages Honda dealer says my car is due 50k service?

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Mark Revell, Tuesday 19th Jun, 2012.

1. Mark Revell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My local Honda dealer says my car is three and a half years old and due its 50k service? can anybody tell me what is included in this service and is £369 price tag a good price? ..... the car has only done 16.5k from new?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ring round bud you will find a lot of dealers with varying prices. Is SvRS enabled on your car? search for it you will find loads of information on it here.

3. Mark Revell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Please excuse me for being a little thick but what is SvRS? I have only had the car 4 days!

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What version? How old?

e.g. Standard servicing on the 7th Generation I-CTDI is 12500 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.

For ref, I paid almost the same price for the 50k on my old I-CTDI 2 years ago...

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mark in this guide section you have detailed servicing schedules for other engines. I will get the I-DTEC up in a few days.

7. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    That sounds like an awful lot of money to being paid for a service. And, what would be included for that?

In the US, we get our vehicles serviced regularly but it's not all inclusive. Usually I take my vehicle in once a season (every three months) and once before a long road trip, to have oil change, new spark plugs, etc. It's not usually so expensive as the price quoted here. Perhaps, they are doing some serious diagnostic tests on your vehicle.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bev welcome to Rip of England where ripping off customers is the norm.Mark where did you end up for your service?

9. Mark Revell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, not serviced yet I need to speak with the dealer about a 60 month budget service agreement fully paid for that my father had before he passed away, 18 months remaining? I hope that they will honour this agreement as it has been paid for? I shall keep you informed of the outcome.................

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. The service agreement is on the car and not the individual and in the circumstances I sure certain exceptions can be made.Keep us posted bud.:Thumbup:

11. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ditto mark. Good luck.

12. Mark Revell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car booked in for service 5th July through budget service agreement with Honda dealer, lets see what it costs this way?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good just hope it works out for you also let us know about the dealership experience.

14. Mark Revell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Service completed at no cost budget service agreement honoured, great dealers will go to them again.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent please do give positive feedback for the dealer .

16. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    That's good to hear. It's always nice when you catch a break with an honest dealer. Though I've had nothing but the best experience with my own Honda Accord dealer so far. They've been super nice when there was an issue and rushed to provide the best customer service and care for my vehicle. Hopefully others had the same experience.