General Honda Dealers desperate to sell new cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by earthsciencer1, Thursday 20th Mar, 2014.

1. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    It appears that there are some challenging sales targets for Honda dealers this month.

I have had communications from 3 different dealers in the last week offering me a brand new Honda at cost price to them. Interestingly one of them is listing 4 Accords available under this offer, including 2 unregistered ES GT I-DTEC Saloons at under £20k and a tourer at under £21k. Another dealer rang me with the same offer and said that they would also give me top price on my existing Tourer as well. It appears that the "offer" is available on all new Hondas.

It surprised me though that there appear to be still this number of new Accords available - perhaps it is the last hurrah to clear out the remaining 8th Generation

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Honda Europe is trying to off-load all their 8th Generation stock at the moment :Niceone: Worth noting that they seem to be holding tons of diesels, K24s are unavailable unless already ordered, and K20s can only be brought in certain configurations.

3. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Coming up to the end of the quarter - they need to get their numbers in, chase all the undecided's and get cars moving.

Will slow down again next month and everyone will get ignored for another 3 months :Tongue:

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

One other thought on this...my Accord is now just over two years old, so is in "year three" of my ownership.

Usually at this point, I would start to think about what is going to come next. But with my Accord I'm not thinking about changing it - why would I? Regardless of the fact that it feels like it'll go on forever, and still doesn't have a single rattle or fault (excepting a few stone chips), Honda haven't given me a genuine replacement option that isn't to buy another the same. So instead of changing it, I'm fitting new wheels and thinking about options to upgrade it! I never had that with previous cars...

Perhaps Honda should start building in "planned obsolescence" like ze Germans...?!:ShelfShoot:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ES GT are on superb deals now mate the FL 8th Generation are better cars in terms of spec and overall reality goes further now. Or get a new CR-V I have got the :Whiteflag:to the wife she wants a CR-V

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Couldn't go for an ES GT, would miss my heated seats too much...:Wave:

There are some nearly new Accord EX for sale on the Honda website, and a couple of optimistic prices quoted...including a white EX I-DTEC auto for nearly £31k!!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Call HH and speak to Trish and see if she can works some magic with figures of what you want. no harm in trying? :Niceone: or I can give you a contact in the fleet division they can play with numbers to your liking that how I got my Tourer at a :Happy:price,.

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Oh no, don't tempt me...I quite fancy a Tourer!

May give them a call...can't hurt? :Devil:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can get any car mate if doesn't have to be a Tourer:Icecream:

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    wow but the wrong gearbox thou. However it will have TMPS which I so want!

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Funny, given the number of miles I drive, this is the right gearbox but the wrong engine! If I drove fewer miles, I'd be down to Chiswick in a shot...:Whoosh:

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Honda certainly seem to be clearing the decks looking at the number of "nearly new" pre-registered Accord listed at the moment.

Vehicle View - Honda Accord 2.2 i-DTEC ES GT Tourer Advanced Navi Model - Beaconsfield

^^ES GT Tourer with navigation for £21k.

Vehicle View - Honda Accord 2.2i DTEC ES GT Saloon - Kendal

^^ES GT saloon with 3 miles for £19k!

Vehicle View - Honda Accord 2.2 i-DTEC Type-S Tourer - Solihull

^^Even a Type-S Tourer available...

Vehicle View - Honda Accord 2.0i VTEC EX Saloon - Ottershaw

^^And a 2.0i-VTEC auto with grey leather interior, which looks quite nice (not seen one before).

There are even ES grade cars listed. Huge discrepancies in prices between dealers, but for anybody looking for a new 8th Generation there seem likely to be deals to be done...

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Zoran told me there is a 63 reg 2.4 Manual going for 14k that is cheap as chips, that is insane deprecation.