Off-Topic Honda dealerships pre diesels

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 2nd Nov, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Harsh! :Aghast: lol.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Lol ... could well be true :Rolf:

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    how did you get photos of my dealership!!! thats copyright!!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    harsh but the blunt reality! ofcourse diesel owners will disagree but statistics don't lie :Whistle:

I recall that type of workshops in the early 1990's the then Honda slogan was "Innovation and Satisfaction" now we know it as Power of Dreams.

so the slogan rang true for all Petrol owners, we all know what the diesel owners like to dream off = Honda reliability :Search:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah thats you up on the lift reading page 3 of the Sun.:Blushing:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    could ? it rang so true for the 7th Generation this is no exaggeration every time i have been to HH there is atleast two engine failures be that owner inflected or mechanical failure.

It not only limited to the Accord, Civic , CR-V FR-V all of them in bits , when to Chris workshop another one in bits.

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look on the bright side keeps the dealers in work.

And I'll rather have my Honda diesel than some piece of overpriced german junk, least mine doesn't sound like a tractor.:Happy:

Primarycare and Ichiban like this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Very true there has to be a balancing act..German engine components in the I-CDTI and I-DTEC thou let start a petition to drive out German vendors from the Honda brand.:telloff:

Primarycare likes this.
  10. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

In trying to make diesels perform like petrols, they have engineered out the reliability a diesel used to have.

They should have been trying to make petrols as economical as diesel (which they are starting to do now).

Dirty, noisy with carcinogenic fumes, diesels should be banned, especially in urban areas.

11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Honda diesel is reliable enough it's the German tut that's attached to it that isn't.
    It certainly ain't dirty and noisy either. that only tends to happen when some idiot with a laptop uploads some dodgy remap to it. :Wink:

Primarycare and Ichiban like this.
  12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Well put Rob

Petrol is also a cancer creating monster petrol owners dwell on that next time you are filling up breathing that rich unleaded aroma.

True though diesel particles are not good news thats why Audi married their popular PD engines to there ever so nice convertible cars.

I agree with Rob Honda even this early 7th Generation engine is far better than the German crop.

Petrol engines for me at least for now are far too thirsty plus I quite enjoy the torque :Smile:

13. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No need to argue ...The future is Hydrogen.
    Wonder how busy them Techs will be then...

http://m.green.autoblog.com/2012/10/11/honda-joins-hydrogen-fuel-cell-vehicle-effort-in-nordic-countrie/

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I recon there are some real and viable alternatives about but the oil giants won't like them none to much.

Not arguing just light hearted banter :Smile: that's one of the nice things about this site freedom of speech without the crushing might of the overbearing moderator ( like some other sites ) :Smile: its all good and on the whole peoples view are respected as it should be.

The petrol guys and girls are mainly right about diesel reliability (except CJ that is sorry love you really dude :Smile:) across all manufactures at the moment and it is very true to state reliability has been taken out of diesels in the never ending quest for performance just look at VW ! I still stand by diesels well for me at least, that said if petrol could come close to the economy and tax bracket for like for like pergormace I would probably defect possibly may be :Smile: All good fun bud. Keep it light keep it real and hey Black opps 2 out soon.. :Smile: Life just keeps getting better

All good things :Wink:

Last edited: Wednesday 7th Nov, 2012
    SayamaAccord likes this.
  15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think I got the best of both worlds 2.4 Petrol .. 190BHP ... running on LPG .. 68pence a litre :Happy:

In cost equivelant terms to petrol I get around 50Mpg :Whistle: