Optional Extras Honda Dog Guard: Need Fitting Template Help Please!

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Boggie, Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2015.

1. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I have been offered a genuine Honda rear upper dog guard. I have downloaded fitting instructions but it lists a template that is required to mark the position of where to drill the two mounting holes either side of the top seatbelt mounts. For obvious reasons thus cannot be downloaded and Honda can't provide one separately. These holes are critical and I obviously can't adopt a trial and error approach as I might end up with trim that looks like Tom and Jerry cheese.

Do any of you have a template I can either borrow OR that you could scan and email (together with the exact distance between holes for scale) please? There's a pint in it if you can!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is this the template in the instruction?

Look at the lower corner and see if Honda can get that template for you. otherwise you are stuffed.
  3. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately not. As noted above I have downloaded the fitting instructions but the template is not available to download, I assume due to potential risk of printers not exactly reproducing the drawing to scale. As Honda are unable to provide the template without selling me the whole dog guard again then my only hope is to find some kind soul here who is willing to either allow me to borrow theirs OR to scan / email the drawing. If they also include the distance between the mounting holes on the template I can use this dimension to ensure it scales correctly on the printout here, double checking it against the mounting bracket.

4. dorsetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    Can't help with this one, I have a travall dog guard and boot divider, simple to fit using the boot anchor points and pressure only to hold in place.....also soon to be sold as the CR-V is going!