General Honda Factory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul, Wednesday 25th Jan, 2012.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Plenty of jobs going at Swindon anyone interested its a great place to work, you will learn the essence of team work & SPEED.

Watching the production line at full steam, just showcases the fact Japanese have perfected the art of manufacturing cars. it is mind blowing.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very tempted to apply for the maintenance engineer vacancy, bit of a long commute though.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've sent off an enquiry for a forum visit. Hopefully i'll get a positive response. Would be a good meet.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am very interested.Whats the pay like?I had enough of my work

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do it !! you will love it. Its only diesel lol

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

£18.8K to £36K plus shift and benefits.

9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i went for a week as part of my apprentiship. it realy is one of the most amazing places i will prob ever see. certainly an experiance i will remember for the rest of my life, and to be there a full week, seeing things NOBODY!! ever gets to see and speeking to some of the most amazing people was just first class! if the club manages to bag a visit my name is first on the list! it seriously is amazing.

10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hopefully cheap parts when the VSA light comes on, or whatever else breaks.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Goodman! I hope the Honda gods can pull some favours for us.

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll keep badgering them...

13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Production lines are incredible, I used to work on high speed filling and packaging lines. But car production plants would be a dream.

14. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    if you don't get any joy with the swindon factory there is always the honda institute? well worth a visit and no strangers to owners club meets! there is a regular Civic Type-R meet they allow down there.

15. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    it is seriously jaw dropping! amazing how it all comes together to form a car from the massive rolls of steel at the begining and a car being driven on the test track

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Damn,hope you sort it Paul.Never been inside car factory and from what you said Beefy it is good experience

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I tried this on the other forum in vain , hopefully with our new vision we could potentially have a meet.

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last time I visited a factory a great lump of aluminium went in one end came out the other with tracks and a 4.2 jaguar engine in it. I'll see if I've got a picture somewhere. A visit would be great.

19. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any news on this Paul?

20. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guys. I got a reply from the factory. Unfortunately at this time they are unavailingly to facilitate a visit. They are preparing for the production of the new Civic and going through a lot of recruitment. They did say that they would keep my details on file and if they started again with visits they would let me know. I'll try again in a month or so.