Daily Driver Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CDTi EX

1st Generation (2004-2011) vehicle added by Sayonara Peugeot, Thursday 6th Mar, 2014

1. Sayonara Peugeot New Member Getting Started

Sayonara Peugeot added a new Honda to the garage:

Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CDTi EX

Check the vehicle's full information here.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Peugeot traded in at a Toyota garage for a Honda :Innocent:

Welcome to the club Geoff, I'd say tracking is definitely the first place to check. Hunter alignment normally runs between £40-60, it's one of the few things I'd actually advise popping to the local Kwik-Fit for, as their machines are calibrated regularly and the grease monkeys do some many of them in a day. I can't comment on the steering feel as I haven't personally driven an FR-V.

As for the tyres, that'll be subjective based on people's experience. I'd recommend Michelin or Bridgestone personally, though Yokohama get a lot of praise on the board as well. I'd try to avoid "eco" tyres if you're likely to ever hit a curb, to hit the EU ratings they normally compromise on the tyre thickness in order to get the least road noise and best economy rating. I popped one of my brand new Primacy 3 XLs :Whistle:

The folks have a Fiat Multipla they use every year for trips to the continent, I've been trying to persuade them to buy a FR-V for a long time now.

EDIT; I'd get tyres, wheel-balancing and tracking done at the same time if budget and circumstance allows.

3. Sayonara Peugeot New Member Getting Started

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

When you click the "Reply" button it quotes the text above it, just type your response below :Smile: You can also just type in the box without using the "Reply" button if you don't want to quote the post.

5. Sayonara Peugeot New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the reply. I didn't trade the Peugeot. We had just been thinking of selling it as it was really too small. When I took it in for MOT the garage owner said "If you ever want to sell it I'll buy it off you". I thought yeah right I bet you will! Anyway he offered me what I was going to sell it for privately! It was very low mileage when we bought it and was only used for taking the grandchildren and my mother out so the mileage was still low. So result. It then took us some weeks to find the FR-V.
    So is this Hunter wheel alignment all four wheels or just the fronts? It feels very floaty and you can't really tell what the front wheels are doing. It's OK around town but a bit weird on the open road.

6. Sayonara Peugeot New Member Getting Started

Going to stick with Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental etc it's on Michelin rears at the moment (look like the originals). The fronts are odd Pirelli and Hancook that's something else that's not helping the handling!

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Ah I see, I misread the above when you mentioned there was a "Trade-in" at the Toyota garage:Hey:

Hunter wheel alignment is on all 4 corners, I'm unaware of the suspension set-up on the FR-V, but what is adjustable will be brought to within Honda's recommended tolerances for the car. Some cars have adjustable camber, some don't. I believe Kwik-Fit charge extra for Toe adjustment, but we're talking a couple of quid. Either way, if you put a copy of the alignment report on the board, some more experienced members will be able to point you in the right direction if your problems haven't been resolved.

The mismatched tyres on the front definitely won't be helping with the handling, alignment and new tyres would hopefully see the issue resolved and you might as well get the wheels balanced at the same time as the tyres (few quid a corner normally).

8. Sayonara Peugeot New Member Getting Started

Thanks, the local Toyota main dealer has the Hunter so I'll probably go there rather than Kwik-Fit.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well there's a good chance in that case that you'll be able to get it done under the used warranty :Smile: