ICE & HFT Honda FR-V and changing radio unit (head unit) - partnumers vs. colours?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by huurre, Monday 21st Sep, 2015.

1. huurre Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Ville VANTAA
    Hi!
    When I bought my FR-V, there were 2 problems I identified during testdrive. One was that A/C was not working and second was that CD-player was not working also. We made a deal with the seller; he pays for the AC repair and I'll take care of the CD-player. I was astonished that fixing AC did cost 1500€ (~ 1090£). When getting car back from local Honda dealer after AC repair, I asked the price for new radio/cd-player. I was shocked when I heard the price for new unit: 4200€ (3050£)!!! I did not order a new player; luckily radio was still working :Smile:

But now I have made a decision to update radio with new 3rd party head unit/radio etc. I have googled that I need following items (in addition of radiounit it self):

1. Bracket for mounting: 77255-sjd-003 BRACKET COMP., CENTER PANEL
    2. Double DIN Facia Adaptor (bezel surround): Autoleads DFP-15-10 Car Audio Double DIN Facia Adaptor forHonda Pilo / FR-V - Black
    3. ISO adapter: ( copied from ICE & HFT - Double din head unit surround )
    4. And 2 DIN "Panel":
    This part should be ordered with same color as current dashboard. Problem is that I do have all possible part numbers, but I don't know which I should order.

77251-sjd-003za PANEL COMP., INSTRUMENT CENTER *NH587L*
    color: black - metallic black

77251-sjd-003zb PANEL COMP., INSTRUMENT CENTER *YR315L*
    color: grey - metallic black

77251-sjd-003zc PANEL COMP., INSTRUMENT CENTER *B166L*
    Color: wooden or carbon???

77251-sjd-003zd PANEL COMP., INSTRUMENT CENTER *TYPEL* (DARK GRAY / BAIGE)
    Color: wooden or carbon???

I have year 2007 model with "carbon" look, I guess that I should get 77251-sjd-003zd, but I'm not sure. Do you have any idea what it should be?

Br, Ville

2. yanw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yan Gloucester
  3. huurre Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Ville VANTAA
    I removed the 6 disc playerunit allready. There were 6 CD's jammed inside of cd unit. Something was physically broken. Now I have only FM-radio and integrated trashbin :Smile:

4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    That's some price for the Honda replacement, as stereo's have moved on since 2007 I think you've made the right decision. Let us know how you get on as this is what I'm thinking of doing.

So, who where the CD's of ? lol

5. huurre Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Ville VANTAA
    Some Finnish artists :Smile: (
    and
    )

Bones126 likes this.
  6. Meenx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Leeds
    Hi Huurre,

How did your stereo replacement adventure go. Did you manage to pull it off? I plan on doing something similar and I can't find some guide on how to remove the original stereo.

7. huurre Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Ville VANTAA
    Still on hold. I did not managed to solve out this frame colour issue... But I did remove the head unit (and put it back after disconnecting CD-changer). I'll try to find the instruction I followed...

8. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
  9. Meenx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Leeds
    Hi @Bones126, thanks. I will give it a good read and see if I can carry out the replacement myself.

Bones126 likes this.