Service & Maintenance Honda FR-V Drivers door seal

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by kwacker, Monday 11th May, 2015.

?

Door seal replacement

1. Door seal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Replacement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kwacker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom kwacker Liverpool
    Hi all,
    Has anyone replaced the rubber door seal,(the one that gets holes worn in it by people brushing against it as they get in and out of the car).
    Is it an easy job? it seems like you have to take off quite a bit of plastic trim off to renew it.
    How difficult is it?
    Thanks.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That should all just pull off easily. I think it's just the bottom trim that would have to remove, I can't recall fully though.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any updates on this mate.

4. kwacker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom kwacker Liverpool
    I have just managed to buy a workshop manual on disc,and it doesn't seem too difficult to do,but after asking my local Honda dealer as to the availability/cost of rubber seal (£ 108 !!!) have decided to put up with the slightly worn seal.
    It does seem very expensive for a piece of rubber tube. I think I will maybe try for one of a scrapped car.:shock:

5. kes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have bought a few seals from scrappies and they have always been excellent, never had to for the FR-V yet though. A tip is to spray it with silicone spray where the seal fits to the body, makes it much more pliable.

SpeedyGee likes this.