Electrical & Lights Honda FR-V fitting front parking sensors

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by alexlyndsay, Saturday 21st Mar, 2015.

1. alexlyndsay New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Alex Blackburn
    Hi All
    Has anybody fitted front sensors - I woould like information on removing front bumper, wiring loom route, access through bulkhead. I intend fitting the Bosch Parkpilot, which I understand is the unit Honda dealers use.
    Any information, illustrations etc. would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Alex

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Alex, it's customary for new members to drop by the Introduce Yourself section and say a few words about yourself and your car.

It's helps the community to get to know one another, please do drop by there.

I'll try and lookup some info for you on bumper removal when I am back on my laptop a little later on.

Duc de Pommfrit and Nighthawk like this.
  3. alexlyndsay New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Alex Blackburn
    Hi All
    Small item I omitted from the request for information on fitting front parking sensors - it is for a Honda FR-V, 2007, 1.8 petrol - information on front bumper removal, wiring routing, location of any suitable existing holes in the bulkhead or position for drilling a hole - any information qould be appreciated

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry, Alex I've not managed to dig up the diagram of the front bumper showing what to remove. I thought I had one on my desktop PC but this may not be the case.

5. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi Alex, front bumper removal is quite simple really and you should be able work it out as you go along.
    From what I remember there not too much holding it in place, remove the black fixings from under the bonnet that hold the grill and bumper in place at the top and any other clips you can see attached to the bumper.
    There are 2 screws either side in the bottom edge of the wheel arch holding the bumper to the wing assembly, remove those.
    The bumper just clips to the wing, so a little bit of force should prise it away.
    I seem to remember some black fixing clips holding it in place to the underneath engine splash guard.
    remember to disconnect the fog lamps if fitted.

It's not too difficult as I removed the bumper, fitted the front spoiler and had it back together in the hour.
    Pics of car without bumper if it helps.
    FRV NB1.
    FRV NB2.

Last edited: Friday 27th Mar, 2015
    Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The general procedure is similar on a number of different models. There are several write-up on the site. Just pop bumper removal in the search box.
    Be sure to put something on the ground to cushion the bumper when comes off. It would be a shame to damage the paintwork etc.

Bones126 likes this.
  7. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    how did you get on with this.. Did you get the fitted easy enough..?
    - - - Updated - - -
    @alexlyndsay

8. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    any updates, , , might do this on mine as my other half is learning how to drive as is a bit unsure with the size of the FR-V.

thanks