Suspension, Steering and Brakes Honda FR-V parts [drive shaft]

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Gand Fraser, Tuesday 25th Jun, 2013.

1. Gand Fraser Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

Does anyone have parts for a Honda FR-V? I have tried just about all the auto salvage companies in the land and none of them have a Honda FR-V. Must be because they are such awesome cars, I guess :Smile:

Anyways, I'm after the right hand side inner drive shaft for mine (05 2.2 CDTi) as the only replacement part that I can find comes in at a whopping £250 from Honda which is a bit more than I would like to pay... At least until I have confirmed that this is the only part that is causing the problem. I don't even need the whole inner shaft, just the spider on the inside joint to replace existing. Honda arent interested in selling me just this part either :Frown:.

If anyone can help in any way I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks for reading

Andy

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you tried searching for "breaking FR-V" items on ebay and asking the sellers if they have a driveshaft ?

3. Gand Fraser Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hadn't tried that. Just did there and found one which was the right car. Guy says they don't have any drive shafts at all for the FR-V :|

There doesn't appear to be any other ones on ebay. Will keep on looking!

Thanks for the tip!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    FR-V parts are hard to come by especially diesel one as they do rack the miles and nearly all of them will have axle issues.