Electrical & Lights Honda genuine battery

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008)' started by StuH, Mar 19, 2013.

1. StuH

StuH Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lancs
    The current battery is a standard Varta, specs aren't brilliant on the CCA at 300. Can't really find anything much better given the limitation of the battery tray. However following the link in the long cranking thread it reads like the genuine Honda battery is significantly better. Is this the case? 2.4 by the way.
  2. SpeedyGee

SpeedyGee Staff Team Administrator

Name:
    Speedy
    Birmingham, UK
    Guides:
    Hondas:
    I've recently replaced the battery in my wifes Civic, I ordered the battery from Holdcroft Honda, with the club discount it was only £40 including free delivery. It arrived the day after ordering. She was also having slow cranking issue and occasionally a random dead battery.

After replacing she's not had any further issues.

I bet if you got the battery from Halfords it may even cost you more than that !

So for me it's was a no brainer, just order from HH.
  3. StuH

Lancs
    I am going to give them a ring, I use them anyway. The battery I have now is only a year old but it's rubbish. I only drive the car every few days and usually on short journeys but I do take it off a give it a trickle charge over-night, still rubbish though. It might even be linked to my sat-nav issues....stranger things have happened...
  4. Ichiban

Ichiban Co-Founder Administrator

Name:
    CJ
    Leeds, UK
    Guides:
    Hondas:
    You may want to get your alternator checked out too buddy any battery should not show degraded performance like that .

However out of interest you are not sat in the car for ages listening to radio or having the reading lamp on inside reading a book.
  5. StuH

Lancs
    No, I don't sit in and listen to the radio and I kant reed i fick, seriously, no none of them. I did get it checked and it was fine. The battery the garage put on is the lowest in the Varta range and even Varta state it's only designed for 'basic cars'. It's not bad, it stood for a week last week and started on the third crank, I've just never been comfortable with such a cheap battery (that wasn't cheap). I know all too well that genuine Honda products make a massive difference and reading your sticky on the subject of batteries got me thinking that the genuine Honda battery will be a better option.
  6. Ichiban

Ichiban Co-Founder Administrator

Name:
    CJ
    Leeds, UK
    Guides:
    Hondas:
    Well just got for the Honda battery fella, keep us posted.