General Honda guy needs whipping.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by charlespayne, Sunday 5th Oct, 2014.

1. charlespayne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

charles
    OMG this honda Type-R Owner needs whipping for what he has tried doing.

Attached Files:

2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not the nicest front end put on the Vectra C, the facelift version is much more pleasant on the eyes. Granted it wouldn't be the best swap in the world, but whipping is abit too far.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    LOL .. maybe a wheeler dealer. No true Honda owner would do that :Rolf:

4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aaah, the problem may be that as nice as the Honda is, it doesn't suit the needs. The guy might have a family and the Vectra would be an ideal family hack and then he can come back to an Accord when he can afford one, when the kids have grown up and can't mess the back seats up with sticky sweets and ICE cream and excrement etc.

5. charlespayne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

charles
    There are much better cars to do a straight swap with though, then a vauxhall, like swapping a solid gold bar for a plastic one.

John Dickson likes this.
  6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed there are better cars out there, but you can certainly do worse than a Vauxhall. (Just so you know, I used to own and drive a Vauxhall myself and enjoyed the experience, including the specific owners club)

He could have tried to swap it for a Ford.

7. charlespayne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

charles
    Unfortunatly, my last car was a Astra, and it spent more times being repaired then actully used, as the plastic rocker cover always leaked, and if you tighten the screws too tight as you can't actully tell, it splits the plastic.

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which Astra did you have, as I had a 3rd Generation Astra, and besides it having 162k on the clock when I sold it not that much went wrong that wasnt age or mileage related. Presume you had an Astra 5th Generation?

9. charlespayne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

charles
    2000 astra 1.6 8V, only had 80k on clock too.

10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

X16SZR IIRC that engine was, same engine as whats in my aunties car. Its not a bad little engine, and i think its was more down to the rocker cover gasket not being replaced properly and then the rocker cover being overtighten to compensate. i had the X17DT (TC4EE1 Isuzu diesel turbo) in my old Astra.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Normally you see people offering a Type-R for sale and people getting mocked for offering Vectras/Astras on swap :Laughing:

My Astra G was a nightmare with EGR, starter motor and ignition barrel problems, quite a nice and smooth drive otherwise, until the shock absorbers went :Whistle:

12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh dear, not so good.