ICE & HFT Honda Hands Free HFT

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nduli, Tuesday 1st May, 2012.

1. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys

probably a complete noob question but i don't want to spend my life entering in phone numbers into the HFT book (it also doesn't recognise my voice too well so its doubly frustrating). is it possible to just pair the phone and then dial from the phone ie just using the system as a big bluetooth headset?

2. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Hft

Think you can do that yes and then press the "talk" button say "transfer" and it should switch to the car bluetooth. I`m sure its in the manual but try it and see.

3. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi dave, not quite what i was after. the transfer function looks to transfer the call between your phone and the HFT system, i'm looking to use the HFT purely as the "bluetooth headset" and dial numbers from my phone's keypad rather than add the numbers into the phone book on the HFT system.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

That is only possible on accessory HFT which was installed on the a pillar the factory fitted system will not allow it . Like Dave already said if you are on a phone call by hitting the talk button and saying transfer ..it will route the call into HFT so you can carry on hand free. Alternatively you can dial a number then disconnect immediately then hit talk button and say redial .it will redial the call within HFT.:Thumbup:

It only on the 8th Generation this situation is addressed.

5. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not sure what you mean but if you call from your phone while the car is connected to the HFT via bluetooth then the call will still only be made using the phones loudspeaker and microphone. But if you then use the talk button and "transfer" then the call switches to the cars microphone and speakers

Apologies if I`m not quite getting it

6. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ahhh got you both now. ok, bit of a workaround but get the drift, will try it later. thanks for the help

dave it was most definately me not getting it not you :Smile:

7. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No worries, glad we got there in the end.

8. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just to confirm this all works as expected, so thanks for the pointer, much better than my normal btooth headset.
    kept me entertained on my usual crawl along the m62 this am. HFT now also seems to be recognising my voice a little more which is a bonus

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Good stuff Richard.the help option on the HFT is good too :Grin:

10. Re: Hft

a bit off the thread but i don't want to open another one, is it possible to use the factory fitted bluetooth system for music. If my pone is paired then can i play music through it? My thinking that this is all too much to expect from a play it safe factory fitted system.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Not yet the 9th Generation Civic you can now do it .. It will be on the next Accord. There may be aftermarket stuff which will let you do that but I am not a big fan of MP3's.

12. BroadwayBlueshirt Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ahah.....this answers my question too. I`m glad I found this thread to save me start a new one.

I seen on hondahandsfree.com that you can pair a bluetooth equipped Mp3 player to the audio system.

I have a 7th Generation accord and now realise I`ve been wasting my time trying to pair them up. My car is too old for that feature then.

I also transferred my entire phonebook from my Blackberry via the BB options but can`t find the numbers anywhere in the HFT system. It`s only the numbers I installed via voice I can access. Strange :Unknown:

13. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats how it should be. You can`t transfer your phone book contacts in the 7th Generation you can only add up to 50 contacts via voice

14. Jensen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alan Brigg

No you can't play music through the HFT - I was hoping it would.
    Don't know if you have your phone dialling sorted yet, but I've got an iPhone, if you pair your phone with the HFT, if I dial a number on my phone, a pop-up appears on the phone asking if I want to connect to Honda HFT, select that and it works through HFT system.

PS Have you learnt all the Voice commands for the Audio, Sat nav, heater etc etc?? I keep forgetting the fckin things lol.

15. BroadwayBlueshirt Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers bud.

I guess you`re meaning playing music through HFT and iphone. I paired up my Blackberry to HFT and sent my phonebook to it. It went somewhere as there was a percentage bar on the phone while it was sending. Gawd knows where it went though.
    Even when someone in my voicebook phones, there is no display who it is. I still have to look at my phone. Kind of defeats the purpose of hands-free.

I only know some of the phone commands. I haven`t got round to the others yet :Blushing:

I did get an 2012 disc for the sat-nav for a tenner and it worked perfectly though :Happy:

PS: I got a Belkin FM transmitter for the Mp3 player and it works fine. Thought about the Xcarlink but felt it was too much for a old codger like me :Sobbing:

Last edited: Wednesday 7th Nov, 2012
  16. Antonaid New Member Getting Started

Hi Guys, need help with hands free

Today got my first Honda accord se 2006 model, but just found out that the hands free system dose not work for some reason, i have read that some people have same Problem. The car was in show room for couple of weeks and the battery was dead but now it has new one, may be its have to be restarted the hands free system, when you push onthe steering wheel buttons it don't even make any sound beeps, but everything ales in car work perfectly. Its uk model the car. Can any one help me please what do i do?
    thanks

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome along bud, search for this post.
    Honda Hand Free Telephone (HFT) User guide
    How to enter the HFT self-diagnostic function for 7th Generation Honda Accord

18. Antonaid New Member Getting Started

Thanks mate, will search for it now. I hope is nothing major.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just tried what they said,

To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:

Turn the ignition switch ACC (I)

Press and hold the HFT BACK button for more than 5 seconds.
    When the hands free telephone system enters the self-diagnostic function, the word ‘‘DIAGNOSTIC MODE'' is displayed on the multi-information display (MID) on the gauge control module.

but did not do anything did not get that message.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    try again if it doesn't then we may have a failed HFT module and that is mega bucks.