Romania Bucharest
    dinoc submitted a new guide:

Honda HFS Bluetooth repair - HFS, Bluetooth

Check the full guide here.

mustnap likes this.
  2. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Thanks for the guide.

By any chance, do you know if a pre-facelift non-satnav car like mine can have the HFS like the facelift model? If yes, apart from the facelift steering wheel with the handsfree button, what else do i need to have? Reading your guide here, i now know that there is a HFS module that I need to get.

Or a relate question, can i use the HFS buttons on the facelift steering wheel with an OEM Audio player?

(i posted my queries here Pre-Facelift Model - Installing facelift items on pre-facelift (SatNav + steering wheel + VSA) )

3. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Not sure about retrofitting this facelift option to the non-facelift model.
    I think its about headunit compatibility first then next to have the other parts also like steering wheel module and HFS module too and all wired to the headunit.
    Too much trouble if you ask me, you better go for an aftermarket kit like Grom Audio BT3 ( Bluetooth and music streaming) or a Parrot kit.

4. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Newbie here, Headunit refers to the ECU? I already have the steering wheel - just want to see if i can somehow manage to make it work. But i agree, trying to retrofit things might be harder than buying something that we know will surely work with any version of Accord.

5. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Headunit is the OEM audio unit (not the ECU).

mustnap likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On the FL car the HFT enters into standby mode properly after 15 minutes of locking the car provided it’s not unlocked since its last lock, so ideally you need to be checking for parasitic drain after this period. Not to be critical of this guide you really think re-soldering the blue tooth chip legs again is an expert level job?

7. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    10 minutes after my testing.

Reballing or reflow is not a simple soldering job, you need to have proper and expensive tools. And in case of a reflow you can do more damage if you don't have experience on this procedure.
    So as per above to me this is an expert job, but I don't care about these labels anyway so feel free to change them to whatever you think to be more appropriate :Smile:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud will leave as is, However DIY difficult (labels) are important so people don't get scared of doing it in the first place.

Just cut coping this from another site if people wanted to know what the hell Reflow Method Repair is @dinoc could please advise is this the same principle used on your HFT uint.

Reflow Method Repair - A reflow repair is when the system is taken apart, down to the bare motherboard. The GPU chip is then subjected to heating temperatures of about 300-450 degrees. The high heat is necessary for the solder points underneath the chip to become liquid so that it remolds back into place. After that, the system is put back together and tested to see if the repair was successful or not.

Reflow Time Break down:
    • 10 min - Taking apart the system to its bare motherboard
    • 5 min - Cleaning out the dust. Trust me - all old PS3's have a lot of dust.
    • 5 min - Cleaning the old thermal paste goo off your old chip.
    • 5 min - Preparing the motherboard for reflow (mounting it to a special frame)
    • 5 min - Reflow Process to 300-450 degrees
    • 5 min - Needs to cool down. You can't touch something that hot.
    • 5 min - Unmounting the board & applying new thermal paste on the chips.
    • 10 min - Putting it all back together
    • 30 min - Stress Test (All systems must be stress tested.)

dinoc likes this.
  9. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I think it's the same, as I mentioned the reflow was not done by me I took it to a repair shop as I don't have such tools. I just told them what to reflow and they did it.
    But I recall the temperature used was 180 Celsius degrees.
    Not sure if they did any stress test there and what exactly could be the test exactly in this case :Smile:
    Probably this remained for the end user (me) :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Is it still working?

11. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Yep, still working fine.
    Lots of local other guys followed my steps and most of them fixed their units.

12. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the v.quick reply, going to drop mine off at a local place who do reflows.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, can I just check, when you did the amp test did you lock the doors before removing the neg terminal?

13. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    No, you will wire the amp with the battery with the car unlocked, then lock the car, once finished the measurements, unlock the car, remove the amp, etc.
    My amp measures only 10A, maybe you have a bigger one like 20A, because when you lock the car there is a spike bigger than 10A.
    My amp survived the each > 10A spikes, but not sure all models will :Smile:, so the safest will be a use a 20A one.

14. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

20A max for 10 secs is what it says on the meter.

dinoc likes this.
  15. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    It's good then, the spikes are like 1-2 sec duration only.

16. @damLdn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello Mate,
    Great news that you have managed o repair it. Could I please ask you for few pictures of the work completed, so I could try and do same with mine.

17. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Hey, I don't have any other useful pictures, but all you need is in this thread, the reflow is like an "invisible" job there is nothing you can see unless you have some special optics for that :Smile:

18. @damLdn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought you've repaired it. Did you give it to electrician?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Yep, as mentioned in the posts. But the reflow implies to put the board in an "oven" so not sure what other pictures could help you.

20. @damLdn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You mean like home oven???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk