General Honda HR-V wins the 2015 What Car?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2015)' started by Ichiban, Thursday 8th Jan, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited: Thursday 8th Jan, 2015
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just goes to show how much love there still is for Honda :Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sure does matey and it about bl00dy time, Honda Uk Honda Japan need to also invest in brass band to make some noise too. :jock:

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've contacted my local dealer this afternoon to make sure I'm first in line for the new CR-V 1.6 AWD auto when it arrives - but I may also be interested in an AWD HR-V I guess, as long as I don't find it a bit small.

All they need now is a bit of an advertising blitz and some good reviews*...:Smile:

*although I'm not holding my breath on the reviews, given how VAG obsessed the motoring media is :Rant:

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    VAG motoring media should rename themselves as

Wetblanketpolicy_TITLE.

sod them dull as dishwashers.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Must admit, the new HR-V does look nice

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

At last. :sparta:

:Hooray::Hooray::Hooray::Hooray::Hooray:

8. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Honda dealers must be salivating at the prospect of getting this car into their showrooms! The small SUV segment is where the action is right now. It is almost guaranteed to be a sales success, assuming Honda don't get too greedy with pricing.

It will do really well with old people who like the high seating position and easy access, and would have bought a Nissan Juke two years ago if the styling wasn't so controversial.

9. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That is a 1st for What Car ... Surprised at that they are not usually Honda fans.

Will watch this car with interest

No doubt HUK will cock up the potential good momentum and marketing with their pricing inabilities
    - - - Updated - - -
    Shocker ... It was the readers choice and not the magazine.

W.C. Only gives the German marques the better reviews as they continually grease their hands with the consistent marketing campaigns and adverts

Normal service resumed then with this mag ...

10. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Sprockutt likes this.
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still can't say I'm a fan. May look into Harrats when it arrives to see if I can get a test drive.

12. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    This is the only car on the market within a realistic budget that I would consider replacing our Skoda Yeti with. I really hope my wife and I like it as much as I think we might. If we do I we may well be back to having another Honda as our main family car this year. The CR-V was just too expensive and over sized for our requirements of only having one child when we wanted to move up to having a slightly bigger car feel. Honda just didn't have anything on the market at that time for us to consider but the HR-V addresses that gap.

13. Cobh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Same position, Sprockutt! Like the Yeti we have (1.8TSI 4WD) but not so keen on ex-warranty situation. As the Jazz appears to be receding into later 2015, we need to be making a decision. SWMBO seems favourably inclined to the photos. Pity there aren't a few hard facts like actual dimensions....

14. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Yup we are on our second Yeti but only the 1.2 SE for us. Heard the 1.8 can get a shift on!

Ours is an October 62 plate and hardly done any miles so it would be good timing to make the change this year while it still has a pretty strong resale value. Done very well out our last one.

As for dimensions one of the guys on here @numpty67 has created a brilliant Honda brochures resource on Flikr. Here's the link to the Aussie brochure for the HR-V..Honda HR-V 2nd Generation Australia Brochure 2015 https://flickr.com/photos/63416089@N06/sets/72157647998676474 All the dimensions should be in there.

Cobh likes this.
  15. Cobh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Sprockutt Just off to watch Wolf Hall. Not that I quite follow the plot....

Sprockutt likes this.
  16. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Check out the brochures for Japan, the dimensions are listed on there ... It will be the same car likely

Cobh likes this.
  17. Cobh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks again both. Now have some idea of scale:Smile:

18. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Cobh likes this.