Body, Paint & Styling Honda Insight front nearside/passenger side damage

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2009)' started by Minicabclub, Tuesday 9th Jun, 2015.

1. Minicabclub New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Sri London
    Accident 20150608_121312. Looks major but mechanically all fine and no air bags or warning lights!!!​

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi SRI, I don't think anyone would be willing to put their thoughts or guesstimates forward on this.

There's no way you could analyse the damage from a photo.

I'm assuming it's a Cat C salvage car that you are looking to buy and fix up ?

Best to ask a local bodywork shop to advise you.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would put that car as a right off there would be damage to the IMA motor internally. But that's on a strong hunch it has damaged just by looking at the way the top slam has deformed.

4. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    a good stout chassis and a nice chrome metal bumper and you would just be polishing out a scratch
    but no lets make all the cars on the road out of kleenex tissue a spit
    nice big plastic bumpers full of ueless junk flimsy pressed steel slam panels designed to twist up with the slightest bump wrecking radiator and air con units
    massive crumple zone in the name of safetly ?? how to write a car off at 10mph and now a new adittion air bags that explode in your face !!!!
    all the time we keep buying these wonderful pieces of modern day crap you will see insurance premium increase and less chance of repairing your plastic piece of pride and joy

just had my plastic modern run about hit at 5 mph just an old car by modern day standards limited edition and had it for 5 years and in fact the best car I've ever owned and believe it or not a joy to work on
    guaranteed write off but with insight to this ever happening over a period of time have been buying second hand panels and parts just for such an occasion
    i got f^^king REALLY heavy with the idiot that hit me and extracted a large chunk of cash from him to pay for the damage
    stoneage big club method don't f**k with a big pissed off dinosaur

CRASH%20DAMAGE%20025_zpskmssodhy.

CRASH%20DAMAGE%20023_zpswgnesmhy.

CRASH%20DAMAGE%20016_zpsj4lccbip.

CRASH%20DAMAGE%20017_zpsbhcrqqbk.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What do you expect from a Korean car which is copied the Japanese car engineering model. If cars were built like tanks than some Euro fatcat will lose his job.

6. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    ??? what japanese car did the f2 coupe copy ????? totally unique body stlyling looks like nothing else !!suspension designed by porsche!!!
    i must say i got a great deal more than i expected from my 17 year old car ,superb reliability excellent fuel consumption from a 2 ltr ,very easy maintainence ,very cheap and available parts and excellent handling seriously good fun to drive which i would expect really from the 4th largest car manufacturer in the world

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Koreans can get their cars designed from anyone but the way they make their cars is a carbon copy of the Japanese way so suspension designer give sod all cred.Well mine was designed by the descendants from the great Mr Honda there is no need to outsource that they have enough expertise to do it inside and are proud of their engineering heritage. Porsche is just a glorified VW bug with a posh name .All my Honda engine on any car are bomb proof no bangs very good fuel economy and super performance when pushed and handling is superb too from the worlds largest manufacturer of engines in the world ..so your Nicky knackered noooo can take its 4largest and stuff it.

8. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    whoooooooooooooa cj :Grin:
    just pointing out that there are othe cars out there that are rather good too, how they arrived at the design really is of no importance as long as it does the job
    i can think of many models of car of excellence many just one off wonders i personally like something different and don't follow the trends

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think you were making the distinction the Porsche designed suspension gave it kudos and I didn't now you agree ?? LOL

10. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rally cars are not even remotely close to the road car anyway. Honda may have a warehouse of trophies one poxy Korean firm in motor sports LOL