Sold Honda Legend KB1 LPG Opulent Blue Pearl LKAS ADAS CMBS 18 Inch wheels

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by mattyg, Saturday 6th Dec, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

With regret!
    Absolutely gutted I bought this car and had it converted to lpg for my 35000 mile commute to work but due to change in profession I no longer need it. I have held on to it for a while but sometimes It doesn't get used for 3 weeks. I now work about two miles away from my home and that coupled with a new house, new baby, etc we are going to make do with one car.

I am offering for sale my sublime Honda Legend KB1 to club members first for a limited time only before I put it on general sale. its the best car I have ever owned (or am likely to own) Its the full spec version with the radar cruise and CMBS and is in absolutely fantastic condition. It has covered 56000 miles and was last serviced 3000 miles ago with the all important rear diff change carried out with genuine Honda z1. It has 4 branded tyres in good condition and has only received genuine Honda parts its entire life (even engine oil). I had it converted about a month after I bought it by a reputable LPG installer from recommendation and careful reading of the LPG forum. I also insisted it had a multipoint flash lube system fitted at the same time (one feed to each cylinder). Its current averaging about 35 MPG round town of really the worse kind of driving possible. And I was getting around 56 MPG on my commute to work.
    The Legend really does drive amazing with nearly 300 BHP and a 4 wheel drive system it really has no right to handle the way it does for a car of its size. I could go on about the extras but considering where I am posting it first I expect there is no need but if anyone wants to know I will list them. I have read numerous threads about people wanting one but are are worried about the running costs there really is no need. Most parts can be obtained from the states in Honda bags if you plan early enough at around a third of the price here, and if you do saved searches on ebay you can find the odd dealer stock stuff cheap too. I will continue to use this forum and will offer help and advice to anyone who buys it.

Normally this bit is reserved for bad bits and stuff wrong well the only thing wrong with the car is a small tear in the drivers seat done with a broken zip on my trousers about an inch long, I was quoted 60 pound for an in situ repair but the guy told me I would still see it a bit so I bought a replacement seat base and this is included with the car I just have not got round to fitting it. The seat foam is mint as well with no sagging at all. Its not a massive job but you would ideally need a bench in a nice well lit garage and a good day taking your time with it. I have done this job before on lesser cars and it isn't too bad at all. A replacement leather from Honda was 1000 ( ouch).
    Every gadget and the lpg works fine I have been doing so few miles since January that I have used petrol most of the time.
    7 Months MOT
    No Tax due to new laws but at least the government now lets you pay monthly.
    18 month transferable warranty left (small cost paid by me )
    £7400 ovno to forum members or its going on my mates car pitch for £8500 a genuine steal. if your looking for a Legend and considering gassing one it would cost you around 1500-1800 on top of our purchase price to get this done. Then you would probably want to buy a warranty too.
    Any one genuinely interested please message me and I will give you my number.

Please due to problems in the past no test drives unless you put the cash in my hand or provide fully comp insurance cover. All test drives will be conducted by me ( spiritedly) if this is not the case.
    Car located in north east lincolnshire

Attached Files:

moob and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Unfortunately I'm not in the market for another saloon, but just wanted to say GLWS and a sneaky bump for a well maintained Honda :Thumbup:
  3. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Could you post a picture of the seat that needs repairing?
  5. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Here it is

Attached Files:

6. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What kind of lpg installation is in it? Is it a BRC or custom made from different parts?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Coul you also list all the extras it's got? I've just registered here to find out more about Legend before buying one so for now I don't have a clue! :Wink:.
  7. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Its a canadian emer system really nice install and good quality stuff

heated and cooled seats
    voice activated everything sat nav phone etc
    electric blind
    reverse camera
    GPS aircon
    memory seats and wheel
    one touch start
    active lights
    collision mitigated braking
    radar cruise
    lane keeping
    active guidance
    noise cancelling sterio
    bose sound system with sub woofer
    Torque vectoring 4WD ( the best one )
    Paddle shift
    probably loads more
  8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Basically @timkk, its a top notch car. The executive model is the flagship version with pretty much every toy which Honda had in its arsenal and could throw at it. If you do some googling, you will see what we mean. If you are in the market for a Legend, the executive is one to go for. Also, LPG has come a long way now, @SpeedyGee is our resident LPG guru and has fitted many many systems to various cars over the years.

Also, make a post in our introduction section, there will be many people who will be able to answer your questions for you.
  9. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Lpg system works great no noticeable loss of power,but then it has 300 BHP to play with. Doesnt switch over to petrol under hard acceleration . If you go on the lpg forum and google it you will see what a good reputation it has. I have had lots of lpg cars over the years including sytems from the so called premium Brands. I have found out from experience any system is only as good as the installer who fitted it
    Nighthawk likes this.
  10. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice, I'll PM more questions as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask here.
  11. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

grrr, I don't think I can send pms yet so I'll post here:
    @mattyg do you know which kit has been installed in your car? EMER S.p.A. - GPL . Have you ever tried connecting to the LPG ECU? I've had a car with LPG before and I had to learn a little bit about how it works to fix all the problems with it. How do you service your LPG installation? It's got few years under it's belt. Is it 18 month warranty left with any authorized Honda dealer?
  12. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah, I kmow, I love it but it's packed with gadgets to the point I'm scared what will happen to my wallet if electronics starts to fail...
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You are talking about a Honda and their flagship model they have the most reliable electrics try a German cr@p you will know the real meaning of scarred.
  14. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

true, true
  15. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi the lpg system hasnt done a lot of miles at all i suppose technically its due a service i can show you how to clean the solenoids and change the filterits really easy. The fuel trims can then be checked using a obd scanner but they have not drifted at all. The warranty is a private one i have not had to use it at all. As ichban has stated its a Honda they really don't go wrong. All the scheduled maintenance has been carried out i really am anal i have worked in top flight motorsport and i insist on proper maintainance
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi just re read your post the warranty company insists it goes to honda for repairs as often its cheaper than independents blindly trying to fix someone elses product.
  16. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool, do you have obd scanner to check for fault codes? :Smile: How do I send pms? I can't find option's driving me crazy :Wink:.
  17. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    You won't have the ability to send PM's until you hit 25 posts mate
  18. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

few more then :Wink:
  19. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    yes mate, its not that hard tbh, go to our introduce yourself section, introduce yourself there, have you owned any other hondas? put them in our club garage, reply to some other posts etc, it won't take long. We are an active community who are more than willing to help each other out.
  20. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been there already :Wink:. Haven't owned any other hondas, unfortunately. This might be my first one!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.