General Honda Legend KB1 music gone.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Morto101, Friday 8th Jan, 2016.

1. Morto101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sup guys

A few days ago my radio just stopped playing music.

The radio seems to work fine, I can see the volume bar go up and down plus can change channels. The problem is that there is no sound coming out from the speakers. Not even the Japanese lady who says something when you are not wearing seatbelt.

Do you guys have any idea about this. Maybe the amp is gone or a fuse.. I checked the fuse box in the enginebay and the small one in the car but don't see any fuse for radio.

Please help guys.. it's not fun driving around without any music. :depressed:
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Possibly an amp failure within the headunit (radio).
  3. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

But check there's life to the Bose Amp/ANC units in the boot.

Get an audio-expert to fix it; a new HU is about three bag and the Bose Amp about 1.6 bag.

Good luck!
  4. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    I wish I could help, but any advice I give may not make things any better, or most likely worse :Frown:

Best of luck. Hope you get it sorted
  5. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Come on, what about engine's music?!!? Rev it to VTEC range and it beats any kind of radio music!!! Enjoy :Smile:.
    PS. Good luck with fixing the radio in the meantime.
  6. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's not a bad-sounding lump, the J35. Maybe not quite as mellifluous as a C32B or one of Alex von Falkenhausen's classic straight-sixes.

I'd miss the noise-cancelling (and BT) functions. The car is lightly-insulated to save mass. Believe it or not - it's that driveline that's very heavy.
  7. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, C32B is much better sounding design. We've actually spent a lot of time with friend of mine discussing different engines! We think that old designs are much better sounding than the new stuff. It may be just a matter of taste, though. Seeing how people love the sound of new engines which we mostly hate!

I don't think noise cancelling feature works that well, tbh. I've tried it on and off couple of times but coulnd't hear difference.
  8. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do you have good youtube clips of this engine's sound? It's hard to find anything pre V8s I think
  9. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't really You Tube!

But I think we all know what a classic BMW straight-six sounds like when thrashed; a creamy second-order harmonic with a very metallic first-order overlay.
  10. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't think many people know much about engine's sound at all. Except of maybe - "yeah, it sounds nice :Wink:"
  11. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A bit of KB1 sound