General Honda Logo Honda excellence and engineering!

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by earthsciencer, Wednesday 28th May, 2014.

1. earthsciencer New Member Getting Started

Leeds
    I had a ride in one of these microcars today and was hugely impressed.

The car was a W reg with 160k on the clock and had been one previous owner from new.

Both interior and external condition were immaculate, there were no squeaks and rattles. and for the size it seemed really spacious It is obviously a rare car as there are only 3 for sale on Autotrader. Apparently the garage I work for had given £100 for it in p/x against a new Jazz, an absolute steal, and they are using it to transport customers locally when they bring their car in for service.

There did not appear to be any reference to this model on the site and I wondered if any members had any experience with one.

Tip top Honda excellence and engineering again.

Sprockutt, SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just goes to show that little car was a proper little fighter! Lets put it this way a lot of diesel Honda don't get to that mileage without self destructing..:Hey:

Sprockutt and John Dickson like this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The Logo was all-in-all considered to be a bit of a flop but that was down to a lack of sales more than anything else, after the Honda City and the Civic slowly upsizing throughout the years it was Honda's next attempt at cracking the small hatchback market. I've only known one Honda Logo personally, and to be quite honest the owner couldn't stand the car. It's successor the Jazz however was a major success, I just wish they'd called it the "Fit" over here too.

Whenever I go about thinking of crazy engine swap builds, the little Logo is always at the back of my mind. There's one locally I've spotted a couple of times on the road now, they definitely appear to have that expected Honda reliability.

Sprockutt likes this.
  4. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    I would have loved one, though most have high miles and faded paint. My favourite was the facelift model with the black interior.

On some angles it has cues of the early sb Civics.

Sprockutt likes this.
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I-DTEC owner's panic sets in reading things like that :lol:...... need to go back to petrol me thinks...... No German $h!te on i-VTEC so Honda reliably isn't tarnished by the curse of the Bavarian gremlins....

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In all fairness a diesel will last that long provided you take care and don't thrash it. but that rare for diesel owners streching the girl for the last MPG and costs. I can see you lasting that long mate. :Whistle:

Life too short get back to the fuel of petrolheads.

John Dickson likes this.
  7. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    I'm loving my wee Logo so far but I've not even had it a week yet. The little thing bursts into life with the first turn of the key every morning. Although we have had a particularly tough start to our commuting experience together as it's been traffic chaos every morning so far. But this is exactly what this little car was designed for.

I'm really appreciating the nippy low geared performance, the outstanding all round visibility, the slightly elevated driving position, the decent radio/speakers (wish I'd kept all my mix tapes now), the low level of road noise and the very comfortable seats which have a clever adjustable two section height adjustment on the seat base. All of these factors contribute to a very pleasant and chilled out commute.

Will be tracking my MPG closely to see how well it delivers in that area. But all in all I'm absolutely delighted with my £600 purchase and right now I just can't wipe the smug smile off my face.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @Sprockutt, you're almost making me want a Logo as a run around :Laughing:

Sprockutt likes this.