General Honda Logo - What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legend-ary, Thursday 25th Aug, 2016.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    So every now and then a Logo comes up for sale around the same price as a well used Yaris but just looking at the photos I feel its looks like a very nice car so that got me thinking. What is it like to live with it? I know no one owned one until @chris2982 bought one and I am genuinely interested in hearing about his feedback on the car. How's the fuel mileage? The engine visually looks similar to one in Civics of that era so was it shared?

Why am I asking? I was considering downsizing from my Jazz recently but want to stick with Honda so Logo came up in discussions.

What about parts? I know my Jazz didn't need many but still a search on eBay provides endless list of parts.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I'm loving mine .. Done 1200 miles in it so far,, not measured MPG but it doesn't feel like I put much in it.
    I don't do any motorway miles in it,, just all the local run arounds.

I've been struggling with the clutch more recently due to health problems,, which is why I wanted a small auto to pop about in.

As for parts I cannot comment as not needed to buy anything for it as yet,,, howver I assume it is going to be similar to my FR-V as not many places know what they are either.

One of the things I was surprised abiut was even though it is a small car,, it is not small inside.. there is loads of room,, which for a big lad was a definite bonus for me.

Don't think 2 adults will be enjoying a journey in the back but that didn't bother me as the rear seats are coming out anyway.

The engine also seems very good.. its nice to be in a small car but still have a "proper" engine,, and not just a little 900/1000cc motor

Nighthawk and legend-ary like this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Very interesting. I have actually tracked down a '5' door auto so have been pondering whether to give it a go or not.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

legend-ary likes this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Thanks for that @Nels they look superb .. I hope they can shed some lights on parts/ownership experience.

7. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello, had mine now for 4/5 months and have had no issues at all. I have an auto or CVT to be exact, 3 door as the 5 door was never officially imported. The car was only on sale here in the UK and Europe for 18 months as a smaller car was needed to fill the hole left by the ever increasing Civic, before the introduction of the Jazz.
    The car is perfect for what I need, tootling about doing the shopping, errands and the boot is big enough for Monty (dog), so he is pleased as well! Been a few longer trips over some nice country B roads and the Logo rides, handles and keeps up surprisingly well, and the fuel economy is terrific, It takes about £35 to fill up and that lasts me 3/4 weeks. Great little car, fully recommend it. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Here is the wiki UK page with a load of info.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Logo

Here is the wiki Japan page with even more info.
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ホンダ・ロゴ

Here is a link to my Flickr page full of Logo brochures and press kit (JDM) no idea what it says, but the pictures look good!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/63416089@N06/collections/72157632596890506/

FirstHonda and legend-ary like this.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Fantastic information as always @numpty67 . I have digested all of Wikis and the reviews but will read through the Japanese one now.
    However! if you say there was never a 5 door, the one I am looking at could be imported? It was owned by the seller's father who passed away so they getting rid of it so cannot confirm with them.

9. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah definitely an import, not a bad thing but parts could be harder to find as some of the JDM Logos had different bumpers, trim etc.

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Just got confirmation: Yes it was imported from Turkey in 2010 :/ RHD but insurance might not like it.

numpty67 likes this.
  11. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Like the look of these, loads of potential:
    honda-logo-13_key_11.

Hmmn, D13 for B18C in a 900 Kg car...

Ahem, i meant potential as a sensible runabout of course :blush:

legend-ary likes this.
  12. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it's RHD it must be from Japan, can't see it coming from anywhere else. Weird how it ended up in Turkey.

13. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    A friend of ours drives a Honda Logo. Dark green metallic, CVT, 160k+ kilometers now and the car still looks like new! She bought it new in 2000.
    That all i know about the Logo, it must be great little cars!

14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    As much as I like the Logo, think you would be mad to swap the Jazz for one.

legend-ary likes this.
  15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Yeah I agree. Jazz has been endlessly reliable even with minimum maintenance and still does 300+ miles on £30

I have dropped the idea, the 5 door was an import anyway.

exec likes this.
  16. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

In terms of keeping the Jazz i can see the point, the Jazz is much more versatile, and probably has a few more creature comforts.

Saying that, spent a few happy hours looking at ways and means of B swapping a Logo. People on the web say it is a no go, as the Logo transmission is has shorter casing and it would need custom engine mounts and driveshafts.
    As it happens, the mounts for the D series CR-X are not a million miles away in fitment, some models use the same manual transmission and the front track widths are pretty close, so maybe CR-X B series axles could be made to work, or perhaps even K series with the inner joints swapped. Also the hubs are the same as some D series Civic models of the same era, so some 36mm swap hubs could be an option for beefier axles... :Whistle:

Not really appropriate for this thread, and yes, i am a massive saddo :dunce:

exec, SpeedyGee and legend-ary like this.
  17. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

*stores quote* I need to look into this ;D

BB Baboonface likes this.
  18. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Haha! Not gospel, but food for thought maybe?

Forget the "is has" bit, getting more useless at typign lol! Just saw a Logo for £100 and thought, hmmmn! No interior and a B18C...